Honored Contributor

Re: How Do I Put This? A Complainer or Being Nice and Ignoring The Problem

I didn't read all, but did something get done?

Respected Contributor

If there is a problem I try to do something to fix it or find someone who can. If one person complains probably nothing will happen but if a lot complains it will change.  I would complain to Panera Powers that be that I would have to quit going there because I cannot get in and out.  As for Chik fil a, they are the same way where I live.  Getting in and out is an ordeal.  The just remodeled but I don't think it helps the traffic. I actually saw a policeman the other day directing traffic.  I think a complainer is a person who constantly voices his unhappy opinion but does nothing about it.  Every change ever made started with someone saying something.  

Honored Contributor

Me thinks that stopping for fast food is a bad idea for everyone involved, including those complaining and those trying to drive. Woman Mad

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

Moral of the story:  find a "pull-through" parking space whenever possible.

Avoid any circumstance which requires one to back out of any space in a crowded lot.

My gripe is with those who choose to exhibit "backing in" skills.  Are you coming or going?  Find a pull through!

I laugh when I see the car stopping at the line of head-to-head spaces when both are empty; why not pull through?

Of course, this isn't always possible.  I guess I would think, better yet, avoid fast food.  Not so fast, after all, nor fresh.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Me thinks that stopping for fast food is a bad idea for everyone involved, including those complaining and those trying to drive. Woman Mad

I tend to avoid fast food... there are so many great restaurants in my area that offer quality food.  I haven't eaten a fast food meal in years!

Honored Contributor

If it's something that is endangering you, your car, or others I see nothing wrong with mentioning it and see what they have to say.  Chances are they can do nothing about it.  I have never eaten at a chick filet but this tells me their food must be darn good!  There are several fast food places around here that have parking problems so I don't think it's just Chick Filet.

Honored Contributor

A lot of frustration for a bowl of soup.  Instead of causing your self the anger, frustration and time find another Panera or another restaurant all together.  Why would you keep going there knowing the situation?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 I understand what you are saying and yes, I believe you are right in bringing it to the attention of the managers.  I am one that would say something if it bothered me....let us know how this turns out. 

Respected Contributor

Is this really an issue?  Not to me but I live in north NJ in the NYC metro area and what the OP described is everyday traffic and congestion.  One learns to deal with it.  

Honored Contributor

We have tons of Panera’s around. If one isn’t convenient we can choose another. I thought they were building more and more. I guess only in certain areas of the country.