Respected Contributor

Re: How Do I Get Rid of Air Pack Shipping Material?

@gidgetgh 

🤣🤣. Yes very good for taking out my frustrations........

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3 I stab them with a knife and just put in with my garbage.  Takes less than 30 seconds to do it each time I open a package.  No big deal.  Popping a few probably not going to contaminate they air in the house!  If that concerned then just open packages outside and pop them.

Honored Contributor

I always lay mine on the floor and stomp on them!  Then roll up and put in the trash.  My recycle won't take them.

Honored Contributor

Kids love popping these.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just run a sharp knife across the bubble parts on a sheet of bubble wrap. Quick and easy. You don't have to pop each and every bubble but just enough of them to get the bulk down.

ETA-

Bubble wrap makes really good insulative window coverings. Put them on windows where people won't see them...or not....lol!

Esteemed Contributor

I use them, along with plastic bags, for insulation in the cabinet that houses my water pipes and in line filters.  I also pack some around the well pump for winter insulation.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

i pop them and add them to my plastic bag recycling that goes to the grocery store recycling bins.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3    Don't you not have a garbage can?

I use a case knife to open boxes then just run the knife down the string of air pillows to puncture them.  Zip, zip.  Then put the flattened box and plastic in the recycling bin.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@PickyPicky3    Don't you not have a garbage can?

I use a case knife to open boxes then just run the knife down the string of air pillows to puncture them.  Zip, zip.  Then put the flattened box and plastic in the recycling bin.

@Kachina624 Yes that's what I do use my box knife and run it lightly down the middle of the whole string. It doesn't take a lot of pressure.

Honored Contributor

If you live in a place where's there is ice and snow then take a piece of bubble wrap and drape it across your car windshield. Secure it inside the door jams so it doesn't blow away. That will keep the snow and ice off your windshield plus you won't suffer a loss if someone steals it like they do with those store-bought car window covers.