Honored Contributor

Re: How Did Others on East Coast Fair Out

My part of NY state is just getting some badly needed rain, it has been so dry here. I'm grateful to be out of the storm's path, I hope those of you that are are safe and sound.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's just heading out of western CT as I type, five minutes ago they dropped the tornado warning for my town.  We got a lot of wind and much, much needed rain.  Already, it appears the sun is peaking out!

Honored Contributor

Tornadoes are a severe threat.  NC was hit and 2 people died (last update I read).

Stay safe everyone.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

Northern VA here.  Had some rain this morning, not much wind and by 11am the sun came out and has been out since.  Weird.  My husband said Rt 66 was a mess going into work this morning but we were spared the severe affects they originally predicted.  Sorry for all those that had damage or hardships related to this storm. The rainbow in this storm appears that it was one fast storm.  It did not linger over any area.  It just kept on moving.  

Honored Contributor

I was hoping for lots of rain ,here in maine, they say we will only get about one inch here!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

just lost power here in RI.....love the sound of our Generac!!

Honored Contributor

I hope you all stay safe.  

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I'm in western MA.   Off and on rain most of the day.  Sun peaks out occasionally.  Right now it is cloudy and very windy.     Also under a tornado watch which is  very common with tropical storms.  

Honored Contributor

I'm right outside of DC and the concern for this area was flash flooding which can impact certain roads that are known to have issues when we get a lot of rain.

What we actually got:

Chair.jpg

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Southern NY here. So windy that trees just keep coming down. None on the block but they swayed back and forth all afternoon and this whole area is super woodsy. Roads and highways closed. NJ has over a million without power.