Honored Contributor

Re: How Cold Is It Where you Live?

It's been in the mid twenties, low 30's here in PA, but we keep getting between 3 to 9 inches a snow every other day.

2018 was a really wet year filled with too much rain.  We don't need any more moisture.  We have too much flooding and big trees falling over because the ground is too saturated and the roots can't support the weight. Two beautiful trees in my yard were leaning and we had to get them removed last fall.

I can't wait for warm dry weather.

Contributor

Well, here in MN it was -10 this morning. With the wind chill it felt like 25 below!! It made it up to a whooping 8 degrees, but felt below zero all day with wind chill. I am over winter. 

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

the polar vortex is moving in tonight. it has been cold all day but wind is really picking up now that storm has left. temps falling fast.

Sounds like what we are getting. I am so glad that we got all the shoveling done this morning. Because it is really getting cold now. And the temperature is dropping like crazy. Tomorrow all this snow is going to have a thick ice crust.

Honored Contributor

I shoveled about 7 inches of snow yesterday and it was 5' above. That morning I woke up and it was only 0' so I waited until the thermometer moved...a little.

Super Contributor

36 here in MA, lots of snow last night over a foot here.

Honored Contributor

It’s 26 right now with a low of 16 tonight Here in Tulsa.

Honored Contributor

Deep South here, SE Coastal GA, yesterday was 76, then big thunderstorms in the evening.

Mid 60's today, but by the weekend we're expecting a gradual return to 77-78.

I hope all of our forum friends that are dealing with this harsh weather stays safe, warm and healthy!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Too cold--single digits with windchills in the minus teens here in downtown Chicago.  Making plans already to "get out of Dodge" for some portion of next winter.

Honored Contributor

Southern WV is a cold 23 degrees, with very light flurries.  

Valued Contributor

About 74 but it's Arizona