Respected Contributor

Re: Housewives of BH....Brandi

On 1/29/2015 terrier3 said:
On 1/28/2015 Ms X said:

I stopped watching all the Housewives shows except New Jersey quite some time ago. The drinking and fighting has gotten out of hand, and Bravo has ruined the concept. At first, the housewives were people who had known each other for many years and had real friendships. Although they could be outrageous sometimes, it was interesting to hear about their lives and history with one another.

On Atlanta, which is beyond unwatchable now, I liked DaShawn (if I remember her name) the best. She was married to a pro sports player and was the nicest lady. They'd met in college before he became rich. She was active in her church. I guess she was just too "boring" because she didn't drink herself into oblivion, fight, swear, and even expose herself like some of them do.

Lisa Vanderpump on RHOBH disgusted me when she had her restaurant staff shoot a risque series of photos on her spinoff show. This was disgusting and despicable, IMO. These workers were very young and I felt she was exploiting them.

I still watch the New Jersey show because they are relatives and there's a real story there beneath some of the sordid behavior. I like it a lot less since Caroline left and the new ones were hired, as it seems to be trending toward skimpy outfits and staged fights. That might be the next one I'll drop.

My son is in the film industry and works in LA a few times a year. He's going soon for a month long project around the Academy Awards.

He knew I liked the shows and checked out Sur.

He said they are ALL actors and model - not servers or bartenders, although they "work" there every now and then to make it look real. They work on the scripts themselves and suggest storylines. Some of the couples never even dated or "hooked up", even though the show makes it appear they are in relationships.

He might have gotten bad info, but I doubt it. He has worked on other Universal reality shows and in fact is going back to work at that studio.

If you don't know whether something's true, terrier, why do you post it on the QVC board? I'm aware that these shows aren't totally spontaneous, but I don't think they're all totally fabricated, including relationships and 'hook-ups' that don't actually exist.

As for the Sur show, the photo shoot was sleazy and exploitative. Shame on Lisa Vanderpump for having this go on in her restaurant. That was the last time I watched that trash. Again, you shouldn't say something's scripted and even fabricated if you're not sure.

Honored Contributor

On 1/29/2015 Ms X said:
On 1/28/2015 Ms X said:

I stopped watching all the Housewives shows except New Jersey quite some time ago. The drinking and fighting has gotten out of hand, and Bravo has ruined the concept. At first, the housewives were people who had known each other for many years and had real friendships. Although they could be outrageous sometimes, it was interesting to hear about their lives and history with one another.

On Atlanta, which is beyond unwatchable now, I liked DaShawn (if I remember her name) the best. She was married to a pro sports player and was the nicest lady. They'd met in college before he became rich. She was active in her church. I guess she was just too "boring" because she didn't drink herself into oblivion, fight, swear, and even expose herself like some of them do.

Lisa Vanderpump on RHOBH disgusted me when she had her restaurant staff shoot a risque series of photos on her spinoff show. This was disgusting and despicable, IMO. These workers were very young and I felt she was exploiting them.

I still watch the New Jersey show because they are relatives and there's a real story there beneath some of the sordid behavior. I like it a lot less since Caroline left and the new ones were hired, as it seems to be trending toward skimpy outfits and staged fights. That might be the next one I'll drop.

My son is in the film industry and works in LA a few times a year. He's going soon for a month long project around the Academy Awards.

He said they are ALL actors and model - not servers or bartenders, although they "work" there every now and then to make it look real. They work on the scripts themselves and suggest storylines. Some of the couples never even dated or "hooked up", even though the show makes it appear they are in relationships.

He might have gotten bad info, but I doubt it. He has worked on other Universal reality shows and in fact is going back to work at that studio.

If you don't know whether something's true, terrier, why do you post it on the QVC board? I'm aware that these shows aren't totally spontaneous, but I don't think they're all totally fabricated, including relationships and 'hook-ups' that don't actually exist.

As for the Sur show, the photo shoot was sleazy and exploitative. Shame on Lisa Vanderpump for having this go on in her restaurant. That was the last time I watched that trash. Again, you shouldn't say something's scripted and even fabricated if you're not sure.

Of course the photo shoot was racy...they are all models and actors and WANTED to be featured that way.

One example my son heard - Stassi and Jax went on ONE date...that was it...never involved in a relationship....so their idea to make a storyline was easy for them...all fake drama.

Way after he told me that - I read somewhere almost the same thing...they never were a real couple.

Plus the apartments, for the most part, aren't really where they live either.

Why would you think any of this stuff is REAL? That the real question to me!!!

Respected Contributor

On 1/29/2015 Ms X said:
On 1/28/2015 Ms X said:

Of course the photo shoot was racy...they are all models and actors and WANTED to be featured that way.

One example my son heard - Stassi and Jax went on ONE date...that was it...never involved in a relationship....so their idea to make a storyline was easy for them...all fake drama.

Way after he told me that - I read somewhere almost the same thing...they never were a real couple.

Well, terrier, I haven't given much thought to whether Stassi and Jax were really an item, but, yes, if I had to think about something so silly I would think they'd gone out long term. As I said, you don't know these things for a fact and are just repeating recycled rumors. I really couldn't care less whether this trashy bunch is making it all up or not. I haven't watched in years.

Respected Contributor

On 1/29/2015 Ms X said:
On 1/29/2015 Ms X said:
On 1/28/2015 Ms X said:

Well, terrier, I haven't given much thought to whether Stassi and Jax were really an item, but, yes, if I had to think about something so silly I would think they'd gone out long term. As I said, you don't know these things for a fact and are just repeating recycled rumors. I really couldn't care less whether this trashy bunch is making it all up or not. I haven't watched in years.

I think this is widely excepted that the shows are scripted as Terrier has said. You only watched the show once and you are under the impression these adults are young kids. I noticed you never responded to my post stating that which is Fact that they are not young but in their late 20's and 30's.

Respected Contributor

On 1/29/2015 Ms X said:
On 1/28/2015 Ms X said:

And why do you post this reprimand on the QVC board??????? People can post whatever they want to.... It is opinions for the most part... It is not a 'news' board.. And are you sure that it is not fabricated? If so, what is your proof??

KatieB

Respected Contributor

On 1/29/2015 Caravaggio said:
On 1/29/2015 Ms X said:
On 1/29/2015 Ms X said:
On 1/28/2015 Ms X said:

I think this is widely excepted that the shows are scripted as Terrier has said. You only watched the show once and you are under the impression these adults are young kids. I noticed you never responded to my post stating that which is Fact.

Caravaggio: I am aware that the shows are scripted. Rush Limbaugh appeared in an episode of a golf reality show and detailed for his audience the multiple takes and such that it entailed. I've also seen stories about fabricated events in other reality shows. However, terrier doesn't know for sure what the deal is with this Sur show and is just passing on second-hand gossip.

I watched RHOBH and the Sur show periodically in their first or second years but stopped watching because it is trashy, ridiculous, and boring.

I did see your post about their ages. Most of them looked to me to be mid-20s and younger except for Jax and maybe a couple of others. Even if they are a few years older, Lisa Vanderpump is the adult and I felt she shouldn't have had that photo shoot in her restaurant. It was sleazy.

Respected Contributor

On 1/29/2015 Ms X said:
On 1/29/2015 Caravaggio said:
On 1/29/2015 Ms X said:
On 1/29/2015 Ms X said:
On 1/28/2015 Ms X said:

I think this is widely excepted that the shows are scripted as Terrier has said. You only watched the show once and you are under the impression these adults are young kids. I noticed you never responded to my post stating that which is Fact.

Caravaggio: I am aware that the shows are scripted. Rush Limbaugh appeared in an episode of a golf reality show and detailed for his audience the multiple takes and such that it entailed. I've also seen stories about fabricated events in other reality shows. However, terrier doesn't know for sure what the deal is with this Sur show and is just passing on second-hand gossip.

I watched RHOBH and the Sur show periodically in their first or second years but stopped watching because it is trashy, ridiculous, and boring.

I did see your post about their ages. Most of them looked to me to be mid-20s and younger except for Jax and maybe a couple of others. Even if they are a few years older, Lisa Vanderpump is the adult and I felt she shouldn't have had that photo shoot in her restaurant. It was sleazy.

OK I actually bothered to look up the bios of the people on Vanderpump Rules and they all are over 25 and their bios all list them as Actors/Models. I saw the episode while the shot may have been sleazy (which sells) it was not like Lisa demanded they perform. They are all adults and are promoting themselves regardless if you and I agree with what they show.

Respected Contributor

On 1/29/2015 KatieB said:
On 1/29/2015 Ms X said:
On 1/28/2015 Ms X said:

And why do you post this reprimand on the QVC board??????? People can post whatever they want to.... It is opinions for the most part... It is not a 'news' board.. And are you sure that it is not fabricated? If so, what is your proof??

KatieB

Terrier herself posted that she wasn't sure about the info.: "He might have gotten bad info, but I doubt it. He has worked on other Universal reality shows and in fact is going back to work at that studio."

Honored Contributor

Mrs. X - Don't get hung up on the wording.

The show is scripted...the relationships are mostly fake (and the couples with ""problems"" - that's fake even if they do date).

They aren't waitstaff...they are models and actors. They work a shift or two to make it appear they are real staff - and to draw in crowds to Lisa's restaurants.

I guess they are better actors than most give them credit for...if you think this is REAL!!!

This show is one big commercial for Lisa's places - and the other bars and restaurants who allow their names to be used.

Respected Contributor

Caravaggio said: "OK I actually bothered to look up the bios of the people on Vanderpump Rules and they all are over 25 and their bios all list them as Actors/Models. I saw the episode while the shot may have been sleazy (which sells) it was not like Lisa demanded they perform. They are all adults and are promoting themselves regardless if you and I agree with what they show."

I get your point, but I hold her responsible because she is much older than these actors/models/restaurant workers. She should not have let this happen in her restaurant, much less promote and help organize it. I'm not living in L.A. or Hollywood or whatever, so maybe it's just my puritanical streak. At any rate, I'm moving on from this topic, as this trashy bunch really isn't worth the time I've spent. Thanks for the info.