Super Contributor
you know this show is totally scripted.....why would the other housewives continure to invite drunk,mean, crazy Brandi otherwise to every event? Just so obvious.
Respected Contributor

Re: Housewives of BH....Brandi

I stopped watching all the Housewives shows except New Jersey quite some time ago. The drinking and fighting has gotten out of hand, and Bravo has ruined the concept. At first, the housewives were people who had known each other for many years and had real friendships. Although they could be outrageous sometimes, it was interesting to hear about their lives and history with one another.

On Atlanta, which is beyond unwatchable now, I liked DaShawn (if I remember her name) the best. She was married to a pro sports player and was the nicest lady. They'd met in college before he became rich. She was active in her church. I guess she was just too "boring" because she didn't drink herself into oblivion, fight, swear, and even expose herself like some of them do.

Lisa Vanderpump on RHOBH disgusted me when she had her restaurant staff shoot a risque series of photos on her spinoff show. This was disgusting and despicable, IMO. These workers were very young and I felt she was exploiting them.

I still watch the New Jersey show because they are relatives and there's a real story there beneath some of the sordid behavior. I like it a lot less since Caroline left and the new ones were hired, as it seems to be trending toward skimpy outfits and staged fights. That might be the next one I'll drop.

Honored Contributor

Ms X I understand what you are saying. I don't agree with many things they do on the shows. I've lost interest in most of them myself. BH is the only one I really like anymore.

Honored Contributor

Of course so much of it is staged. Obviously.

Respected Contributor

On 1/28/2015 colliemom3 said:

Ms X I understand what you are saying. I don't agree with many things they do on the shows. I've lost interest in most of them myself. BH is the only one I really like anymore.

colliemom: I read a while back that the New York show lost about 25% of its ratings when Jill Zarin left. She was my favorite. She had real friendships with Betheny and Ramona. Then there was the Countess and the beautiful but out-of-control Sonia. There was more to the show than just drinking and fighting. I don't know who's on it now because I don't watch it.

One show I really miss is Jerseylicious. I liked the story of Gail and Anthony and their two salons along with the Makeup Fairy. Watching them run their businesses could be interesting. Olivia and ? Stacey's fighting I could do without. Most of all, I watched because I wanted Gigi and Frankie to get engaged. I guess that never happened, though they seemed made for each other.

Respected Contributor

The cast of Vanderpump Rules are all in their late 20's early 30's. They are also all actors and models. I am sure they know when they are being exploited if at all.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I haven't cared for RHONY since they changed the original cast. I don't know if I ever saw Jerseylicious. It seems they get rid of so many of the good shows.

Respected Contributor

On 1/28/2015 colliemom3 said:

I haven't cared for RHONY since they changed the original cast. I don't know if I ever saw Jerseylicious. It seems they get rid of so many of the good shows.

Jerseylicious was another obnoxious show of how people in NJ continued to be characterized by those who are not from here. A rather gross stereotype. You did not miss much.

Trusted Contributor

I liked Jerseylicous too.
Honored Contributor

On 1/28/2015 Ms X said:

I stopped watching all the Housewives shows except New Jersey quite some time ago. The drinking and fighting has gotten out of hand, and Bravo has ruined the concept. At first, the housewives were people who had known each other for many years and had real friendships. Although they could be outrageous sometimes, it was interesting to hear about their lives and history with one another.

On Atlanta, which is beyond unwatchable now, I liked DaShawn (if I remember her name) the best. She was married to a pro sports player and was the nicest lady. They'd met in college before he became rich. She was active in her church. I guess she was just too "boring" because she didn't drink herself into oblivion, fight, swear, and even expose herself like some of them do.

Lisa Vanderpump on RHOBH disgusted me when she had her restaurant staff shoot a risque series of photos on her spinoff show. This was disgusting and despicable, IMO. These workers were very young and I felt she was exploiting them.

I still watch the New Jersey show because they are relatives and there's a real story there beneath some of the sordid behavior. I like it a lot less since Caroline left and the new ones were hired, as it seems to be trending toward skimpy outfits and staged fights. That might be the next one I'll drop.

My son is in the film industry and works in LA a few times a year. He's going soon for a month long project around the Academy Awards.

He knew I liked the shows and checked out Sur.

He said they are ALL actors and model - not servers or bartenders, although they "work" there every now and then to make it look real. They work on the scripts themselves and suggest storylines. Some of the couples never even dated or "hooked up", even though the show makes it appear they are in relationships.

He might have gotten bad info, but I doubt it. He has worked on other Universal reality shows and in fact is going back to work at that studio.