Esteemed Contributor

Re: Household cleaning products

@goldensrbest wrote:

The steam from a steam cleaner would have to be very hot, i have not read that this works on this virus.

@goldensrbest I read a few articles on this and I suggest anyone that is planning on using this method to do some research.  There is a wealth of information out there that allows us to make an informed decision.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I'm not even surprised -  at least in my area, those products have been unavailble for weeks and weeks even though some stores do get some supplies of them.  Just not enough.

On the good side (I think anyway) -  those products can eventually be brought back up to the amounts we need.

Right now when I go to the supermarket, I can buy produce, meat, and meds. Is there a crystal ball telling us whether those will be plentiful going forward?

Beef, pork and chicken is all hit or miss around here.

My niece takes something for COPD and all her insurance company will pay for is the generic version.  Well, the pharmacy hasn't had the generic version since this started and don't know when they will be getting it so she has to pay for the name brand.  I told her to appeal it to the insurance company because under the circumstances what is she supposed to do.....

Esteemed Contributor

Don't understand the preoccupation with wipes.  Why not just accept that your car, shoes, credit cards, purse, jacket, and anything purchased is infected.  Keep them out of the house either permanently or temporarily.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Don't understand the preoccupation with wipes.  Why not just accept that your car, shoes, credit cards, purse, jacket, and anything purchased is infected.  Keep them out of the house either permanently or temporarily.  

@Still Raining 

Grocery items that need to go into the refrigerator or freezer need to be wiped down first. (Yes, I’m aware there is now conflicting advice on this. ) I find that wipes are the most convenient thing to use for this purpose. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I just received my order of a Lysol spray cleaner today from Walmart (it was part of an order). The limit was 1.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hit the jackpot yesterday. For weeks and weeks I haven't been able to find alcohol, hand sanitizer, aloe vera, or hand wipes. Yesterday I went to the Rite Aid up the street to get Tums, and of course grab some junk food. When I got to the cashier, I said, "Will you ever get any hand saniitizer in?" She told me they had it, but it was behind her counter so they could ration it. I got a mediium sized bottle of hand sanitizer, two different brands of hand sanitizer wipes, and also a bottle of alcohol!!!! I was trying not to use the tiny bottle I had for my purse, except for emergencies.  Now I can carry the individual wipes in my purse. Woo hoo! I haven't had any problem finding Lysol spray. I got a huge can over a month ago. Not contemplating spraying it into my mouth or injecting it, though.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter,

On 2 different occasions I have helped one of my daughters get her insurance company to cover medications that were denied.   

All it took was a very clear, concise, factual letter for the insurance company to review and approve coverage.  Her issues were centered around drugs not usually prescribed for the reason it was prescribed for her, but these drugs are helping, and because of them she is able to continue to work.   Adding that connection to the fact she is working an essential job was a strong factor in the approval.   

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I just received my order of a Lysol spray cleaner today from Walmart (it was part of an order). The limit was 1.

@suzyQ3    I started an order last weekend to pick up Thursday.  I included 2 12 packs of TP, different brands, figuring at least one, if not both, would be sold out when they filled my order.  The Great Value was gone but they substituted Charmin at the cheapo price.  So I got Northern and Charmin; felt like I'd won the perfecta.  Shopping is like playing a slot machine nowdays.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Still Raining what do you mean?  These things are not disposable.  I only purchase things I need.  Things don't need to be disposed off permanently.  Items can be wiped down or washed, whichever is reasonable.  I don't even understand why you think credit cards and shoes are contaminated.  It would be hard to get droplets on them unless someone had their uncovered face too close to your cards or shoes.

Esteemed Contributor

@CherryHugs Thanks for the info!  The Lysol and Clorox wipes just make my life so easy and are better cleaners than most.  Just a little bit of scrubbing leaves everything clean.  I find that bottle cleaners are hit or miss.  I think some stores get some wipes, but shoppers have to be lucky, right place, right time.  I can't find my favorite TP, or paper towels, but the lesser brands can do the jobs, just less aborbent, less kind to the skin.