Honored Contributor

Re: House selling rant - UPDATE post

Why not show by appointment only?  I know it cuts down on the lookers, but the potential buyer will be more likely seriously interested in purchasing. 

Respected Contributor

@Rockycoast wrote:

When you have many showings and no offers, it is very likely the listing price . People ususally don't complain about price. They state other reasons.

?????

Our friends (who live 5 miles from us) just sold their house this past summer 28 showings -

19 people complained about the price.  4 people offered almost $80,000 less than the asking price.  !!!

We were bracing ourselves for the worst......

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Why not show by appointment only?  I know it cuts down on the lookers, but the potential buyer will be more likely seriously interested in purchasing. 

It is by appt only for buyers that are pre-qualified.

Honored Contributor

OP, hang in there. You will sell to the buyer that is the last one on your list. Like I said in one of your previous posts. Our house sold to the buyer that only gave me 30 minutes notice for them to walk through. I really wasn't able to make my home picture perfect but they were the ones that bought it. 

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have patience and know you can always list with another Realtor if this one does not do as he/she should according to your stipulations of what must be done as displayed in your signed contracts.

If they deviate from anything you can in writing sent certified mail with return receipt signed and dated (the green postal form you fill out). You can also sue them if they do not follow the contract you both signed.

It takes time and it took 8 months to sell a relatives gorgeous townhouse which was 4 bedrooms with 2 car indoor parking garage,brand new appliances in stainless steel. Remodeled custom kitchen, laundry room, bathrooms. indoor and outdoor pools, BBQ area, Supervised childen's playground with swings slides sand box and monkey bars, club house, gorgeous seated restaurant with delivery service if desired. Nurse and Physician Disability units available if desired as well as help with cooking, eldercare, daily companion, etc. All within walking distance that made housecalls if needed. Hospital 5 minutes away. They also maintained the outside grounds, trash, snow removal beautifully. handled all beautification required,The Board and Property Manager were always willing to listen to all suggestions, and resolve  and problem issues asap.

Stunning and gorgeous and competitvely priced, but nevertheless it took time and finally did sell, and at the end there was a bidding war so my relative made out very well, nevertheless it was exhausting and nerve wracking showing it for 8 months, but ended well.

Good luck, and thanks for continuing to keep us updatedSmiley Happy.

Trusted Contributor

I agree...great on line photos makes all the difference in the world.  My agent also did a wonderful job screening potential qualified buyers and that eliminated a lot of unnecessary questions and “snoopers”.  I was fortunate to sell my place in one week.  I’m convinced it is all about timing. The right person came along and wanted the house ASAP.  As thankful as I was to sell the house so fast, I also had to pack up the entire place by myself and be out in 30 days.  Lots of work...but It was still worth it. 

Honored Contributor

I've had realtors take me into houses that had nothing on my list of just haves.  The right buyer will come along.

Honored Contributor

Did these people not look at the on-line photos and see that it was a brick house, with black appliances and plantation shutters.  

Did the description of the listing not say there was hardwood flooring?

I know if it were me and I had a list of don't want deal breakers I wouldn't even bother looking at the house.

Esteemed Contributor

Hang in there. If your still have a lot of showings it won’t be long. We had a lot in the first few days. Then they stopped. In the middle of the week we saw a car sitting outside taking notes. A few hours later a showing was scheduled. It was the woman who bought our house mother scoping out houses that day for her daughter. This lady was getting a divorce. She spent all day looking at houses and ended up coming back to ours. House went up for sale on a Sunday and had a signed offer by Friday.  You never know when that offer will come. Just when you think your not going to sell it happens. 

Esteemed Contributor

Buyers have in their heads what they want in a home.  Some wants may be unrealistic and some agents show homes to get the seller to look past those wants and look at the other attributes of a home.