Respected Contributor

Re: House Wife Star Kim Richards arrested for Shoplifting

TMZ has reported that Kim has been living in her car.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unbelievable!  That woman is a loney tune!  How can she be broke so soon after leaving the show??  She must be spending it all on drugs.  I'm wondering if the $600 worth of stuff was stuff she could get high on. 

Esteemed Contributor

Some people shoplift because they can't help themselves, a "disease" called kleptomania. We had a sitting judge in our town who was arrested for shoplifting in a grocery store. He didn't need money, didn't need the items he lifted. Kleptomaniacs need therapy. All indications are that Kim has some deep-seated and long term issues that she has not addressed.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

She may not be broke.

Shoplifting might give her a "high" or in some way is fulfulling a need.  She's probably been doing this a long time.

Honored Contributor

i find it hard to believe that kim is homeless or out of money.......especially with monty still around and four children to lean on.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

This woman...... I don't really care if she has a psychiatrist and a life coach and an acupunturist, chiropractor, massage therapist, whatever --- It does NOT MATTER who you have around you -- if you don't want help, you aren't going to get your problems fixed and stay sober. I'm not saying you shouldn't have a support system, but she has all these people she is paying to help her (I guarantee they aren't all doing all of this for free - so if she has that many people "helping" her, she is paying them something, somehow), and she still (likely) isn't sober. As for those that think she is on something, I'm thinking she probably is, too, BUT, Kim has been an alcoholic for so long, that there is very highly likely some long-term brain damage. Even when she is sober, she still isn't her old self. Your brain can only handle so much abuse.

Hopefully she gets help soon, and stays in a long-term treatment program (in-house) and transitions to sober living and stays in meetings indefinitely. As for the stealing thing, it's ridiculous. Stealing toys from Target? She is begging for help, but again, if she won't commit to the treatment and program, then she will be right back where she has been so many times. And it seems that each time it just gets worse. The whole thing is very sad.

Honored Contributor

77 items?  Sounds like she wanted to get caught........

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

According to TMZ , she is homeless, but not literally. She could stay at a motel etc. She is trying find a place. She has the resources to do so, where as many can't. 

To walk out with a cart of 50 or more items, seems like she could be under the influence. She didn't hide items under her clothes.

Honored Contributor

Many people who have substance abuse problems also have personality/psychological disorders....dual problems...not surprising that she is a hot mess.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

How sad!!!She really needs professional help and needs to stay in a hospital for an very long time until she really gets the help that she needs, or she will continue spiraling out of control!!!!!!!