Honored Contributor

Re: House Robbed Of $60 Million In Jewelry.

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I guess what stands out to me the most is the fact that she had over $60M in jewelry, and yet the house was only worth $70M.

I'm sure she has a beach bungalow or two here and there, so maybe each house has it's own jewelry box?

@Lucky Charm 

You can't assume all the jewelry was recently purchased.  Some could have been passed down from family members, or previous spouses and their families, or gifts over the years, or whatever.  My sisters & I have some expensive pieces we inherited from an aunt who married VERY well.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:
Spoiler

@Tinkrbl44  Isn't it amazing that people keep that much money lying around?  

My one uncle, by marriage, went to see his Mother,  who lived with his sister.  Mother called him into her bedroom and there was $60,000.00 spread on the bed.  She wanted to tell him (eldest son) what to do with it in case she died. Her daughter had no idea her Mom had it.  My uncle had a fit and the money went into a bank the same day,

Evidently the woman and her DH didn't trust banks, he had died and when she went to her DD's the money went with her.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

It's downright strange, IMO.  This guy had $80k locked in a safe ....  and they stole the safe!

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

She posted on social media that they were leaving for wherever on a private jet. 

Not a smart move 🙁

Apparently the old expression “more money than brains” applies to these folks. Woman Surprised

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I am sure she will hardly miss it... it is most likely insured... she is rich enough to buy more...   Thank goodness no one was hurt or worse... it can be replaced.

I do not feel sorry for her.

No one should steal or rob another person...   That is just wrong.....

but, when you put your business out there.... be very very careful. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:
Spoiler

@Tinkrbl44  Isn't it amazing that people keep that much money lying around?  

My one uncle, by marriage, went to see his Mother,  who lived with his sister.  Mother called him into her bedroom and there was $60,000.00 spread on the bed.  She wanted to tell him (eldest son) what to do with it in case she died. Her daughter had no idea her Mom had it.  My uncle had a fit and the money went into a bank the same day,

Evidently the woman and her DH didn't trust banks, he had died and when she went to her DD's the money went with her.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

It's downright strange, IMO.  This guy had $80k locked in a safe ....  and they stole the safe!

It probably should have been in a bank vault— it would seem safer there. But l guess that was too inconvenient. They must have had it insured by Lloyd’s of London.

Talk about a life of excess... l wonder if these folks give any money to charity?!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't care whether they catch the thieves or not.  It's all insured and that family wouldn't miss it if it wasn't.  The can go out and replace it they way I could replace a couple of pieces of Diamonique.  When I read it, I thought it had to be an inside job and that's what they are saying now.  The theory is that security and household staff  were responsible.  

Honored Contributor

I would question the security.

Esteemed Contributor

The article that they figured the theives were in the house for 50 minutes.  How many security people did they have?  2 or 3 guys?  There were 57 rooms to watch or hide in, depending on why you were in the house. 

It almost had to be an inside job.  By darn, if I had $60 mil in gems, I don't know if I would keep them in my house.

What got me was they had 57 rooms and bascially only lived in 4.  There was a hair salon and a nail salon.  How much square footage does one need to get their hair and nails done?  lol  

Trusted Contributor

Saw the thread title and ran to check my jewelry safe.......Smiley LOL

She has a lot but I felt sorry for her and her family. I thought, too, that she might have lost some family heirlooms that had sentimental value and couldn't ever be replaced.

Yes, she needs some social media biundaries but the theives are the ones to blame.

Lucky for her QVC has an all day jewejry sale Friday..............Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank goodness no one was hurt....especially since they have a child.

CB2DBD18-0767-47CF-B323-B93D9DF90BCF.jpeg
C973E1EB-7E05-4BE7-B60E-8E1395E4D677.jpeg