Esteemed Contributor

LOL Bird!

We're burning up here in the Carolinas.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Speaking of hades...

Respected Contributor

We have an outdoor thermometer on the front of DH's workshop, faces East and in the shade all day.  This afternoon it hit 101.  No escape until at least mid October.  

Honored Contributor
Could these possibly be the ladies who complained all winter about the cold and snow? Hope you all have an air conditioned week-end.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Is it hot enough for ya?

Honored Contributor

Re: Hotter than hades....

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:
Could these possibly be the ladies who complained all winter about the cold and snow? Hope you all have an air conditioned week-end.

@Kachina, it sure wasn't me.  I live for fall, winter and snow up to my heinie.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF

I didn't have the A/C while at work today which was okay because it was in the 60's last night, the house cool downed and my windows were closed.  the inside temp of my house was 79, nice and cozy and not humid.

I won't be doing any lawn work and intend on hitting the recycling center to drop off stuff first thing in the morning.  I'm not leaving the house, except for grocery shopping on Sunday.

This kind of heat and humidity make me sick - for real.  Unless I'm drinking water constantly, I'll fall out. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor
I was in Gatlinburg this morning, and it's awful up there. The trails were packed despite the heat and humidity.
Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

This kind of heat and humidity make me sick - for real.  Unless I'm drinking water constantly, I'll fall out.  

I hear ya, bird, I'm the same way...I go into semi-hybernation for several months...won't see me hanging out outside until Oct!!!  Have a nice evening!

Super Contributor

I always say that I won't go near Florida between April 15 and October 15 because of the heat and humidity, but it was 10 degrees hotter and twice as humid in southwest MI today than it was at my place at the beach. Uggggh. We took a cart to play golf today and even riding, I was dripping wet with sweat by the third hole.