Respected Contributor

Many of our schools are dismissing early today due to lack of air conditioning.  The weather forecaster just said our weather is as hot as Florida---very humid and sunny.

But, I checked the temperature in Miami, and their high today is only 89 degrees--our high today will be 93 degrees.

I am receiving emails to start shopping for my Fall and Winter wardrobe and buy some heavy sweaters.

Yes, living in a four-season climate really does require a vast wardrobe!

Esteemed Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

Many of our schools are dismissing early today due to lack of air conditioning.  The weather forecaster just said our weather is as hot as Florida---very humid and sunny.

But, I checked the temperature in Miami, and their high today is only 89 degrees--our high today will be 93 degrees.

I am receiving emails to start shopping for my Fall and Winter wardrobe and buy some heavy sweaters.

Yes, living in a four-season climate really does require a vast wardrobe!

@FancyPhillyshopper 

So that's why I have so many clothes! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

86   In Tampa

Super Contributor

Today's high maybe 89 degrees in Florida but you forgot to add 10  degrees because of the humidity. I can imagine how you feel but climate change is real. Be careful in this heat. I live in TX and it is raining here in Southeast TX can you imagine here today it is 88 degrees but it feels like 101 and it only 11:53 am.

Esteemed Contributor

Here in NE PA it is just  #$*&@$% miserable.  The humidity is insane.

There are supposed to be storms later and a cold front coming through.  I cannot wait.

Tomorrow it to be sunny, 80 and refreshing a/k/a no humidity.

Honored Contributor

71D6E460-5398-45B1-B600-F99C367E116A.png

southern CA

Esteemed Contributor

It's been a hot Aug where I live. Typically Aug is hot and humid in my area.

Look at the light side per accuweather

"August may not see any tropical storms for just the 3rd time in 60 years. "

Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper I'm assuming that you are in the Philadelphia area.  I'm in Bucks Co. and the kids in our district started yesterday (before Labor Day!). 

The local school is somewhat new and they have AC but I'm not sure if all of the schools in the district are.

I can remember being a student myself in South Jersey & NYC and how hot it got....none of the schools back then had AC.  Only the main office did.

Respected Contributor

Re: Hotter Than Florida

[ Edited ]

84 in CT, "Real feel 96." And very humid...again!

Been like this all summer.

I love summer, so I'm not complaining, but chiming in. That said, thank goodness for A/C!

Haven't considered myself the same "beach girl" this summer...just been too hot. September is usually better for that here. But usually July/August are not straight heat waves...this year it was.

My usual quote is...I'd still rather be complaining about the heat, than the snow. Period. The End. 😎

Esteemed Contributor

It's going to be 111 in Phoenix today. We can only dream of the 80's. It doesn't even get that low in the mornings.