Esteemed Contributor

Today in Southern California where I live, we are supposed to hit a 105 degrees.

The only good thing that I can say is that we do not get humidity. It's a dry hot heat. 

Trusted Contributor

@Meowingkitty  This is my 30th SUMMER IN PHOENIX and, when Sept. hits, I'm almost at a point of physical and mental "burnout".

People I know who don't live here ask:  "Does it get easier?"

MY ANSWER:  NOSmiley LOL

Respected Contributor

Yes, the high temp in Philly will be 93 this afternoon.  Then add in the humidity and it is more like 100 degrees.  Around here we have summer days over one hundred and winter days below zero.  The unusual thing is this summer is the duration of very hot days. And by end August, normally we start cooling down to a mid-80's high.  Yesterday the news said that this summer is in the top 5 hottest summers on record - I think going back to the late 1800's.

The good part is that my credit card is happy. I can't get in the mood to by Autumn clothes yet.

Honored Contributor

August was always called the dog days of summer because of the heat.

Around Jan and Feb everyone (almost) will be wanting summer temps.

I will take the humidity over the dry heat any time.  Just because its dry does not make it any less hot.  Dry heat = crawl in your oven turn the temp to 100, close the door.  Now you know what dry heat is like.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Re: Hotter Than Florida

[ Edited ]

Here in South Texas after a MISERABLE record breaking summer of 100+ temperatures since May we welcome the much needed cooler weather with temperatures in the upper and mid 80's and some much needed rain!.....Yes, the rain raises the humidity BUT we are willing to accept it due to drought conditions we are also experiencing........

Who thought that Texas would be experiening cooler temperatures than those living in the Northeast....

2Capture.PNG

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's not bad here. What I like about our summer weather is that it cools down nicely at night. That's b/c we're located in a high-plains, semi-desert region of the state. It's almost perfect year-round. Not too much snow in the winter and not that cold either. The rest of the year is mild as well. The skies are almost always turquoise blue.

COS 7 Day

Balloon Fest this Labor Day weekend.

download (1).jfif

Respected Contributor

Here on MD eastern shore, when I left for work this morning it was 82 degrees and humidity was 98%.  Every windows in my house was covered in mist due to the humidity.  My son hangs out in California for about two months in summer and he said the heat on east coast is worse because of the humidity.  Even though it's hot and dry in CA, if you add in humidity and he said it's 10x hotter here.

And yes, I do sit out in it because I love the heat...

Respected Contributor

Here in NE/Central PA we've been assaulted by high temps and high humidity so much this summer I've given up and resorted to AC.  I'm not really a fan of air conditioning because I love having my windows open and enjoying a nice breeze.  Not this year.  

I generally spend a chunk of time outside in the summer.  But even a small amount of time outside has meant sweating profusely.  I'm so tired of feeling like everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) I'm wearing is soaking wet!! 

I'm ready for Summer to end. I'm looking forward to the cool, crisp weather of Fall.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pdlinda wrote:

@Meowingkitty  This is my 30th SUMMER IN PHOENIX and, when Sept. hits, I'm almost at a point of physical and mental "burnout".

People I know who don't live here ask:  "Does it get easier?"

MY ANSWER:  NOSmiley LOL

I've lived here all my life so I don't know better but I agree with you. By September I'm am so over the heat. And it doesn't get better each passing year. But hey, at least it's a dry heat. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

"It's not the heat! It's the humidity!"

*waves from Florida* Smiley Wink