Respected Contributor

Re: Hotel ownership employee views Erin Andrews video with friends at dinner...

Closings are tomorrow, by the way.  

All testimony was completed midafternoon today.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

My daughter works for Marriott, she explained to me that this hotel is franchised owned, not a part of Marriott Corp, there is a difference.

I think there are three defendants in the case...West End Hotel Partners, Michael Barrett, and Marriot. Maybe someone more knowlegable than I am about the case can weight in.

Respected Contributor

She has an appeal if they deny her case, but that seems unlikely.

What an arrogant scumbag.  Punishing her publically for objecting to being humiliated as a guest at the hotel where he works.  Confident it won't affect the verdict, and it won't as the jurors are not watching TV.

But if the verdict goes in favor of Marriott he has just opened them up to an appeal.

Respected Contributor

Marriott International was not named in the action. the judge dismissed Marriott Intl.

it is Andrews v the franchisee, the franchisee hotel staff and Barret, the peeper

Esteemed Contributor

@Marianne1 wrote:

Closings are tomorrow, by the way.  

All testimony was completed midafternoon today.

@Marianne1 ~ nice to "see" you again! Smiley Happy

Coincidently, I just picked up a copy of the book "Conviction : the untold story of putting Jodi Arias behind bars" written by Juan Martinez from my library. I think was published very recently (this year). Can you believe it's been almost three years since that conviction? 

Respected Contributor

Marriott International was released from the case, the remaining "Marriott" is West End Partners d.b.a. Nashville Marriott at Vanderbuilt University.  And of course, Barrett, the peeping tom.

Erin did not originally ask for 75 million, but the Judge forced them to name an amount.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks Ashleigh, I knew someone around here would be more knowledgeable than I am about that!  Smiley Happy

ETA ~ thanks to Marianne too. I'm glad to get that the easy way...from you guys, instead of having to search around for it. I'd probably never find it either! 

Respected Contributor

Hi, SusieQ,

Nice to see you too.  Arias is still causing problems in prison, lol.  

I have not read the book, mostly because I feel like he can't say anything new at this point.  

Honestly, I find it odd that he wrote it with her attempting to appeal the conviction- in my estimation, he should have waited.  But, his boss said ok, so what do I know, lol 

Honored Contributor

Interesting that the judge made them pick a figure...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

My daughter works for Marriott, she explained to me that this hotel is franchised owned, not a part of Marriott Corp, there is a difference.

I think there are three defendants in the case...West End Hotel Partners, Michael Barrett, and Marriot. Maybe someone more knowlegable than I am about the case can weight in.

The defendants are West End Hotel Partners, Windsor Capital Group and Barrett.