Honored Contributor

Re: Hotel duvet covers are rarely washed between customers. Time to change this.

If I had to be in such fear of germs when traveling I would never travel. For me it takes all the enjoyment out of it, would be preferable to just stay home.
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Re: Hotel duvet covers are rarely washed between customers. Time to change this.

We were staying at either the Peninsula or the Sofitel in Chicago a few years ago when there were riots going on right outside our hotel.  I asked a barmaid if there was a back entrance, just in case the rioters came in the hotel.  We went out that door and were in a back courtyard. 

On the ground was a huge pile of white sheets and towels I guess waiting for the laundry service truck to come get them. 

They were laying right on the blacktop.  And some smelly *juice* was coming from a trash dumpster and this pile of linens was sitting in the little river of this muck.  

I told my husband to never roll his eyes at me in my *sheet taco* again.  lol

Honored Contributor

No longer do vacations,but when we did ,i worried about ,so many people sleeping in same bed.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

People who are that afraid of germs should just stay home.  You have to accept that other people have stayed in that room.  

I've never traveled and experienced a visibly dirty room.  If that ever happened, I would ask for a new room.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh no, please don't say that! We're going on vacation in September.... yikes!

Trusted Contributor

I ask for a new spare blanket at check-in for this reason.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sage04 

If I remember correctly, the  Marriott resort in  Galloway NJ , Marriott  Fairway Villas  they have white duvet cover on a fluffy synthetic comforter .

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D  - were you talking about monkeypox in regards to catching it from used sheets?

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D 

Not really sure what a duvet cover actually might be. At 1 time I thought it was a partial pillow cover, unlike a pillow case. Now I am not sure after seeing different descriptions  looking on google. 

Either way I am not concerned about what they do at hotels. The few times in recent years we have stayed in a hotel, I made sure the room had a recliner. If not, that hotel was checked off the list. A bed to me is akin to a torture chamber, and that has nothing to do with spreading any infection.

When I was sleeping in a bed, I was also traveling around the Midwest auto racing, and did stay in mostly motels. Since I had/have a cervical problem, I always took my own pillow, with pillow case.

My wife takes her pillow to every home she goes to in her Pet Sitting business. That is for a similar reason.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

@Sage04 

If I remember correctly, the  Marriott resort in  Galloway NJ , Marriott  Fairway Villas  they have white duvet cover on a fluffy synthetic comforter .

@skatting44  this is the first time I'm hearing about Hotels using duvet covers. I guess it takes up less space in the machine.