Valued Contributor
I love the peanut butter chocolate Kandy Kakes & Butterscotch Krimpets-speaking of TastyKakes! Lol Loved both since I was a kid. Get them maybe 2-3 times a year. They're in most stores around here, grocery, Target, convenience stores, etc.
Honored Contributor

tastykakes and entenmanns......all a part of my childhood.....and adulthood. 

LOVE kandykakes and butterscotch krimpettes and the mini donuts.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Linda0215 wrote:

@J Town Girl It's funny you mentioned Tasty Kakes.  My mom was from PA and she used to go on and on about Tasty Kakes. We didn't have them here in CT (we had Drake's and Hostess) so when we would go out to PA to visit her family, she'd send me to the store to buy boxes and boxes of Tasty Kakes. Her favorite was the Butterscotch Krimpets.  I thought they were okay. I guess it's what you grow up eating. To this day, I will kill your for a Ring Ding ?

It sounds like your mom and my mom would have gotten along famously.  My mom loved butterscotch.  She would always buy butterscotch ice cream and then top it with butterscotch sauce. That was way too sweet for the rest of the family.  Like you mom, she loved the butterscotch Tasty Kakes.  The rest of us favored the peanut butter kandy kakes.  

Speaking of Drakes, how about those Devil Dogs.  I miss being able to get them here on the West Coast unless i order them from Amazon.

Honored Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

I do not recall the last time I ate either. I do like a good German or Polish sausage. My Mother enjoyed a jar of pickled pigs feet  on occasion which was ewwww to me. 

Two things I would not care to try is Head Cheese ,Tripe or Kidney.

I once saw a documentary about life in Mongolia.  They frequently eat the head of the cow.  With lots of animal fat added.  They said they heard about the west and how they don't eat animal fat.  But they said it was healthy to them, gave them energy to live in a harsh environment. So what they ate obviously did not harm them. Though it didn't look good.

Only one type of food makes me ill to look at (much less eat) is Aspic.  A savory gelatin of fish and meat..  Also Marzipan.  A confection that is very sickening sweet.  It has almond meal in it.  Something I just can't eat.

Honored Contributor

Oscar Mayer is well-known for its meat products, but the company is tapping into the beauty and skincare space with the release of a new limited-edition bologna-inspired face mask. 

The face mask was a playful way to bring smiles to the faces of Oscar Mayer fans who playfully made masks out of their bologna as kids and beauty enthusiasts, according to a release from Kraft Heinz. 

Oscar Mayer partnered with Seoul Mamas, a Korean beauty and skincare company for its unique creation. The mask is designed to provide protection for the skin, improve hydration, and retain moisture for the skin. 

Four easy steps are applied for using the new face mask: 

1) Wash your face
2) Apply the mask
3) Relax for 10-20 minutes with the mask on your face
4) Remove the mask

Oscar Mayer launches first-ever bologna-inspired hydrating face mask