Honored Contributor

Hot dogs and Boston baked beans on Saturday nights as kids.

Today processed foods- just "no".

"Parts is parts".  (Old Wendy's commercial)

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

@rms1954  I like hotdogs and I like bologna. The only food I draw the line at is liver. Beef or chicken liver. It doesn't matter. I've tried both a few times and no thank you.

Omaha Steaks makes my favorite hot dogs. They are really good. Haven't had one in years though.

Second favorite is Sabrett with brown mustard and kraut. NYC pushcarts on the streets had the best. I think it was the not so clean water they were boiled in. Woman LOL Hard to find hotdog venders nowadays.

I like fried Schickhaus bologna on rye toast with mayo and fresh cracked pepper with a sweet Gherkin on the side.

Trusted Contributor

When I worked at a day camp during the summers in high school, we took the kids to a hot dog factory.....that did it for me.

Honored Contributor

absolutely LOVE hot dogs, especially the big kosher hot dogs.....mustard and onions please on a steamed roll.

i prefer cooked salami or mortadella to bologna, but i remember growing up my grandfather loved fried bologna and sunny side up eggs.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I've gotten to the point where handling raw meat turns my stomach anymore. In fact reading this thread is making me a bit queezy .😕😂

Trusted Contributor

Vienna Sausage are perfect for slipping the dog's pills into.

Other than that, nahhhh.

dee

Esteemed Contributor
Love hotdogs and bologna but can’t stomach smelling eggs and I can’t even think of eating one without feeling queasy
Respected Contributor

I do not recall the last time I ate either. I do like a good German or Polish sausage. My Mother enjoyed a jar of pickled pigs feet  on occasion which was ewwww to me. 

Two things I would not care to try is Head Cheese ,Tripe or Kidney.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hot Dogs/Bologna

[ Edited ]

Most hot dogs are pork.  I don't eat pork.  I will eat "kosher" style beef hot dogs.  Kosher isn't actually a type of seasoning.  It usually means how the cow was killed. But only the front part of the cow is allowed to be eaten.  So the extra seasoning is what kosher hot dogs get. 

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Most hot dogs are pork.  I don't eat pork.  I will eat "kosher" style beef hot dogs.  Kosher isn't actually a type of seasoning.  It usually means how the cow was killed. But only the front part of the cow is allowed to be eaten.  So the extra seasoning is what kosher hot dogs get. 

@songbird  Yes, this is why I buy Hebrew National. I know about Kosher.