Honored Contributor

@Mombo1 wrote:

My mom used to cook liver and onions for my dad.....the worst smell in the world.  🤢
I also can't even look at "pink meat" like ham, bologna, or rare meats.  Sausage and salmon are just as bad.  But I guess that's just me.   

I had dinner with a friend who had a very rare steak and it turned my stomach.  I could not eat my burger.  Everything has to be well done for me.  Can't stand to see people eat runny eggs either.  Just me.

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I love wieners.

Hebrew National are my favorite hot dogs

Trusted Contributor

I recall eating bologna sandwiches as a child, but I would not be interested in one now. As for hot dogs, I only like cetain brands (like Sabretts). I typically only eat hot dogs in the summer/when it is grilled outside.

Another "questionable" food that I like is Scrapple. I haven't had any in several years, but now that I am thinking about it I am craving it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954  I like them! My favorite is hot dogs with sauerkraut. We were never allowed to have them when we were growing up, except for Lebanon bologna. I can't think of a food smell that turns my stomach, except maybe sheep's kidneys.

Respected Contributor

I can't think of any food that would have that kind of effect on me. And I'm so very glad! Woman Very Happy  

Honored Contributor

Re: Hot Dogs/Bologna

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

I've never liked bologna - just the consistency was enough to turn me off.  As for hot dogs - well, I crave a certain brand about twice a year and just don't think about how they're made and of what.

@ValuSkr 

I once worked with a gal that had previously worked for a food manufacturer.  She related a funny story ...  

The CEO had given orders to be more specific and clear about product information and the troops went out and made changes they thought were appropriate.

Fast forward about 6 months .... the CEO had a hysterical screaming fit that went on and on for hours .... apparently the new label on their bologna had a first ingredient of "beef lips".   

Oh boy, that did it for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@pupwhipped Agree with you - some I don't like ....spam and several hard meats but I never feel 'sick' smelling nor looking at them......I just don't buy them or care if others do.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 Just a type-O..............beef TIPS.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 Just a type-O..............beef TIPS.

@fthunt 

No, that was not a typo ... the first ingredient on the bologna label was beef Lips.  

Honored Contributor
All I can think of with Vienna sausage is that gelatinous goo in the can. 🤢 I don’t know how anyone eats them. 🥴🤣