Frequent Contributor
I am a somewhat “targeted generation” and my daughter is the “professional younger generation”. I used to have QVC and HSN on for background noise and I used to LEARN a lot if different facts about gemstones/mining, different fabrics, plant/gardening useful information, etc. But now…Same products, same fabrics, hosts talk to FILL the time-but no longer have useful information.

I noticed that QVC and HSN were better before they merged. I no longer can watch HSN.

I also noticed that before the pandemic lockdown that is when QVC would have the hosts presenting their products and showing how they worked and where they came from.
During the pandemic lockdown I noticed little by little the hosts started to get USED to BEING IN THE SPOTLIGHT. And ever since then, the hosts keep talking and talking and the products do not get explained enough by the vendors.

I don’t watch any of it anymore. I used to enjoy listening to QVC and LEARNING about different products and fabrications.
But after I ordered more orders than I ever did before-in 2021/2022 and getting clothing that was sewn like seconds. Getting the wrong clothing item in the “correct” bag. Getting the wrong size item in the “correctly marked” bag. Getting broken items. Getting many returned items. And then, GETTING THE BILLS!!

I STOPPED!! I have always enjoyed the hunt shopping in second hand stores. I also enjoy the prices in those places. The clothes there are already shrunk, piling, shedding, etc. so I know what not to buy and what is good to buy. And I don’t have to pay shipping!

I added my return shipping costs up and it was around $120!! And this is with me using the free return shipping for wrong item sent, broken item, etc.

People can not afford to pay more for a product just because the product is being presented on television.

And the “younger generation” my daughter would get tired of me telling her about different fabrics etc. And the ONLY thing she was ever interested in buying from QVC was makeup and that is because she already was a user of certain brands and it is a better deal to buy makeup from QVC at times.

I literally hear and see the hosts PUSHING the products to us! Like it’s almost DEMANDING that WE HAVE TO BUY THIS ____!!

I also don’t get out much. But when I do!! I am like WOW😳 these prices are cheap!! And I thought prices were crazy expensive!! I realize that prices are expensive BUT after listening to the “great deal prices” on QVC day after day $45-$70 + shipping. I thought prices out there in the brick and mortar stores were at least matched to QVC prices.
NOPE….at least half price!!

So, no more QVC for me!! I like to KNOW what I’m buying before I buy it! How it feels, smells, the weight, the TRUE size. And younger generation or no, they are not hitting the mark anymore