Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

For some of the hosts - topic should read "hosts with oranges."    Smiley Wink 

LOL

Honored Contributor

Jewelry hosts have to take extra good care of their hands since the camera zooms in on them so close. They want to avoid getting age spots etc if at all possible. They may take better care of their hands than their faces.

Also, they can cover their faces with tan makeup. If they put a bunch of makeup on their hands it could smear on the jewelry. I notice that sometimes jewelry hosts and models do seem to wear a golden looking oil of some kind on their hands, though. Not sure what that's about.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I didn't know tanning was a thing in TN.

I'd say tanning is a thing in TN. It goes with a 'country' look. Also we have lots of people here who are naturally tan complected in the summer, and/or year round.

The funniest on-air tanning problem I've seen was one time a female host had faux tanned her very fair face and body quite deep. But she left her ears undone and they stuck out an extremely bright white. Once I noticed it I couldn't not.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Frequent Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

For some of the hosts - topic should read "hosts with oranges."    Smiley Wink 

LOL

Lol!