Respected Contributor

Re: Hosts placing their orders on the air

I think it's just a sales tactic too. Nobody will know if really ordered it. Also if a host is wearing clothes I think they wear the color of the item that is selling the least and they have the most of.

Also I don't know for sure but I've seen posts that say their discount is 30%. And if they did order anything it sure wouldn't bother me.

Honored Contributor

It doesn't bother me nearly as much as the frequent threads pointing it out...

But it has absolutely NO influence on my buying or not buying an item. None...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

Today they showed dansko sandals and I ordered size 7 red very quickly and
it was in my cart. All of a sudden the host Hornback screamed out to the
producer "order me a size 7 in red". As I was going through the process of
going to the cart my order disappeared. When I went back to go through the
process again they were sold out. Seems like Hornback got my size 7 red
Ramona danskos......it was like the blink of an eye. Not very nice
QVC......

Trusted Contributor

Over time, and even recently, I have heard hosts state that they are not supposed to order before or during the show.   I have not seen them order during their shows but they do ask others to order for them.   They have said that the rules are customers first.  I have heard hosts tell a model to run out quick and place an order.  I have heard them talk about not being allowed to keep their phones with them while on air. Today a host said that she had ordered on an advance order but that order did not give her the special pricing.   How often do we hear the designer say that they did not get a sample of their own item they wanted.  Products go direct to QVC.  Designers may/may not get samples.   None of this influences me.  I know what I like and need.  Keeping to the "need" can be hard at times.  ;-}   Listening to the callers does not influence me either.  To many drive me away.   Why waste my time asking the caller to go into details about her lifetime of buying from the Q. That is a topic for another day.

Honored Contributor

Wow, this thread is so old, no one couldn't post in blue.Woman Very Happy