Honored Contributor

Hosts Not Mentioning Prices Enough (or at all?)

Back in ye olden days of QVC, the price of an item was always mentioned.  Granted, I don't watch QVC shows except for LOGO shows, but during those shows I hear the EZ pay prices mentioned but not the actual price of the item.  For example, I'll hear, "It's only $!8.00 a month on EZ pay..."    Yeah, well tell me the actual price of the item so I don't have to know how many EZ pays exactly and then do math in my head and then approximate the S&H and tax.

The hosts really need to tell the actual price of an item.  Hosts seem to skirt all around the issue.  Shawn K will say during LOGO shows, about a reduced item, "This item used to be over $100 with the S&H but now it's only $14 a month."   She'll fail to mention that S&H is also added to that, and also fail to say the actual price of the item.  The very few times I've caught parts of other shows (i.e. sometimes PM Style before LOGO) I don't hear the total price of the item either.  

Of course it's easier for the customer to buy something that sounds like it's less money, but again, I remember hosts - back a long time ago - always mentioning what the item's price was and then if it was on EZ pay they'd tell the price of the EZ payments.  

I want to know the total price.  I often watch the 10:00 pm LOGO show in bed and don't want to sit up and get closer to the TV screen to see the "real" price.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts Not Mentioning Prices Enough (or at all?)

@Pearlee 

Great point!....Its another of QVC'S sales gimmicks I guess

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I heard one of the hosts today say "You can get it home for $9.95."  No mention of easy pay. For someone unfamiliar with QVC and easy pay, $9.95 could easily be mistaken as the total price.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I heard one of the hosts today say "You can get it home for $9.95."  No mention of easy pay. For someone unfamiliar with QVC and easy pay, $9.95 could easily be mistaken as the total price.  

@Foxxee  Exactly!  And yes, they do often use that "you can get it home..." line which can certainly be misleading.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee, Yes, you are right.  Shipping costs have gone up, and then for some of us (like me) there is sales tax added.

Esteemed Contributor

Yup - totally agree with @Pearlee .... I don't watch live QVC programming, but when I check out previously aired items I usually have to scroll back to see what the price is again. I could care less about Easy Pay - just mention what the price is....occasionally would be nice. BTW - I'm 71 and can't always read the small dollar amounts on the screen....just saying. That happens with aging.

Valued Contributor

The price is clearly shown.  Shoppers have responsibility too.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@Foxxee. Absolutely!  Many people are visually impaired and cannot see the screen.  Too bad this doesn't become an issue under the Americans With Disabilities Act.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Warrior2022 wrote:

The price is clearly shown.  Shoppers have responsibility too.

What is you're  visually impaired and can't see the price?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Don't they still show the price on the screen??????