Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hosts Leaving

[ Edited ]

Hmmm . . . I thought she returned and said she had "been caring for my late father. May he rest in peace." The ever dutiful daughter. Never knew about the other stories.  Is this a web of wild tales woven by her imagination for viewers?  Frankly, I don't watch Jane or much QVC any longer and don't care. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Hmmm . . . I thought she returned and said she had "been caring for my late father. May he rest in peace." The ever dutiful daughter. Never knew about the other stories.  Is this a web of wild tales woven by her imagination for viewers?  Frankly, I don't watch Jane or much QVC any longer and don't care. 

A little harsh, don't you think?

Esteemed Contributor

Ah, the wonderful world of gossip and innuendo.   She was fired.  NO, she left to take care of her ailing father, her kids, to become a gemologist, get braces on her teeth etc.

And it goes on and on.  I have been watching QVC for years.  I remember when Jane left to begin her own jewelry business.  THat is the only time I remember her leaving

Super Contributor

@mousiegirl, There is only one Jane at QVC at the moment. Jayne Brown's name is spelled differently.

Honored Contributor

Jane left about 12 years ago, said she wanted to be at home more with her daughters, but it turned out her daughters were doing just fine, she started a sterling silver jewelry line online, I think it was David V who convonced her to come back.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is rude to other posters

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

They actually said the fired her for her looks? Jane was quite attractive in those days.

I don't believe that ever happened.

I don't either. I thought the poster who said it would elaborate.

---------------

Jane once talked openly about being fired way back when she was a fairly new host.  Not for her looks, but as she admitted, because she wasn't very good.  She persevered, and was able to get rehired, which probably wouldn't happen in this day in age.  I remember listening to her tell the story so this is not hearsay.

Respected Contributor

I will say, I've never heard about most of these stories being told in this thread. I've been a QVC member since Sept. 13th 1995 and back then Jane was about 30 yrs.old. It seems she hadn't had any children yet. I know after having her second girl Deidra, she came back shortly, but left as she felt she needed to be at home more. So that's about all I remember about her leaving. When Deidra was a little older she came back. For all the other stories I can't verify any of them. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Jane left about 12 years ago, said she wanted to be at home more with her daughters, but it turned out her daughters were doing just fine, she started a sterling silver jewelry line online, I think it was David V who convonced her to come back.

Jane said her daughters missed her being on tv and they wanted her to go back to QVC.

Respected Contributor

OMG, really? It's against the law to fire someone due to looks- HIGHLY doubt this!