Respected Contributor

Re: Host's using the supply chain threat to promote sales....

@hopi  Perhaps you need to use your mute button.

Trusted Contributor

@hopi 

Hi!
I agree.  I watch a lot of QVC.  For one, I am a shopper (see my user name. lol) and I do buy a lot. The prices for make up and skin care are the best and a few of the clothing brands I really like are only sold at the Q.  Kim Gravel and Issac Mizrahi to name a couple.  

BUT!

Pretty much all the hosts are unwatchable at some point.  It's sooo over the top about the supply chain and they're the only place you can get it.  How they won't have this again.  You better get it now because it's the only order of the year.  And the recap of how many have sold grates my nerves.  

I wonder if the hosts ever watch themselves.  To try to improve.  There is one host she starts sentences and then never finishes them.  

Maybe the pressure to sell is just that high at QVC.  

I prefer when the vendors talk.  If I were a host, I would keep that vendor talking because they know the products best.  They are an expert on that product.  They were selected by that vendor because they are probably one of their best sales people.

I am sure I am preaching to the choir.  We all watch a lot and know these things or we wouldn't be here.

That's another thing-- the executives at QVC, do they even realize what info they get direct from customers here.  If I worked there, I would join as a customer.  LOL!!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kaydee50 wrote:

IMO, they shouldn't be selling items that are not ready to be shipped.

Then there would be no online sales at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

@hopi   I would say as many times as we see empty spaces on the supermarket shelves or even spaces filled but with an excess of one kind of item instead of a variety.

Not much repetitive bothers me but that's quite certainly because the only real time I spend watching/listening is when I plan to shop and this week my shopping plans involve only groceries and a final decision on a new faucet for my kitchen sink.  (I brought one home last week, but it's going back assuming I find different.   Because of supply chain problems, the choices are limited.  There are faucets, just not necessarily exactly what I want.)

I do not envy the hosts having to find something to say.  They will be criticized if they repeat themselves, if they talk about anything someone doesn't want to hear, if they sip liquid, chew too loudly, etc.     End of my rant for today.  One of my resolutions for 2022 is to post no more than once a day.  Hope it works better than some previous resolutions have!

@millieshops They are paid very well to find things to say. They also get a lot of perks. 

@manny2 

The average salary of a QVC host is around $47,026. Top earners make over $56,633 a year. Salaries depend largely on the host's experience, location and ability to sell. QVC on-air hosts earn almost double. Their annual income is around $74,690, with top earners making more than $125,667 a year. Many hosts bring in extra revenue from other activities, such as book writing, public speaking and blogging.

I wouldn't call this VERY well.  I would call it a decent salary only. 

$75K is hardly being over paid in today's economy.

There are construction guys in my company making WAY more than $125K

Our Admin Asst make more than 50K and that is a LOW salary by today's standards.

Let's remember, the hosts get the 'talking' points given to them.....they aren't saying things just to annoy you.

@RespectLife I have seen the same numbers before, and I don't put much stock in them. Salaries, and perks are a lot more, or who would do the job. They work terrible hours that seem to change on a whim. Not to mention it is their choice to do the job.

Who said they are saying things just to annoy the viewer? The OP just made an observation that possibly annoyed her. 

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

There's always one of these comments ...

Honored Contributor

@justashopper  If it were up to me--LOL!!!--I'd get rid of all the hosts and just let the vendors sell their products.  

Honored Contributor

Im so glad they're finally talking about the supply chain.  After the pandemic started, they went over a year before anyone at QVC mentioned international shipping difficulties.... Not a word about it.  It was apparent to us something was seriously wrong.  Only when the news media started talking about it, did QVC finally admit it was a problem.  Better to be a victim of the supply chain than to constantly be accused of incompetence. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess the "supply chain issue" must be relevant to specific areas of the country and QVC.  I have had no issues (not since the first year of the pandemic) with empty grocery store shelves or been unable to find anything I was looking for.  

For Christmas, I ordered from Nordstrom, Target, Amazon, Kate McLeod, Lands End, Sephora, Sundance, Dr. Denese, and ******'s.  Everything arrived in a timely way.  I ordered a new washing machine from Best Buy and yes, I had to wait, but it arrived exactly when they said it would.  

QVC is doing something wrong.  I don't know what it is but it isn't happening for me anywhere else.  

ETA: Ha! The starred out entry is a sporting goods store.  

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

There's always one of these comments ...

Just pointing out an easy and practical solution. Better than adding on complaints ...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sadly, the supply chain is still very real and I wonder if anything is being done.  That being said, QVC does their best (?) selling their products whatever way they can.