Esteemed Contributor

Host's using the supply chain threat to promote sales....

How many times can they use it in a day.

Honored Contributor

Re: Host's using the supply chain threat to promote sales....

Marketing is giving them a whole new set of buzz words for January

remember

cabin socks etc 

Respected Contributor

As long as they can of course. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hopi wrote:

How many times can they use it in a day.

They're probably trying to head off some complaints. The supply chain has been horrible and, based on complaints on on these forums, people don't remember that or expect retailers to pull their desired product out of the air. Nothing wrong with reminding people.

Honored Contributor

@hopi   I would say as many times as we see empty spaces on the supermarket shelves or even spaces filled but with an excess of one kind of item instead of a variety.

Not much repetitive bothers me but that's quite certainly because the only real time I spend watching/listening is when I plan to shop and this week my shopping plans involve only groceries and a final decision on a new faucet for my kitchen sink.  (I brought one home last week, but it's going back assuming I find different.   Because of supply chain problems, the choices are limited.  There are faucets, just not necessarily exactly what I want.)

I do not envy the hosts having to find something to say.  They will be criticized if they repeat themselves, if they talk about anything someone doesn't want to hear, if they sip liquid, chew too loudly, etc.     End of my rant for today.  One of my resolutions for 2022 is to post no more than once a day.  Hope it works better than some previous resolutions have!

Esteemed Contributor

@milleshops: I agree. Constant complaining about something.
Honored Contributor

@hopi 

It isn't a threat....it is a factual certainty.

Honored Contributor

IMO, they shouldn't be selling items that are not ready to be shipped.

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@hopi   I would say as many times as we see empty spaces on the supermarket shelves or even spaces filled but with an excess of one kind of item instead of a variety.

Not much repetitive bothers me but that's quite certainly because the only real time I spend watching/listening is when I plan to shop and this week my shopping plans involve only groceries and a final decision on a new faucet for my kitchen sink.  (I brought one home last week, but it's going back assuming I find different.   Because of supply chain problems, the choices are limited.  There are faucets, just not necessarily exactly what I want.)

I do not envy the hosts having to find something to say.  They will be criticized if they repeat themselves, if they talk about anything someone doesn't want to hear, if they sip liquid, chew too loudly, etc.     End of my rant for today.  One of my resolutions for 2022 is to post no more than once a day.  Hope it works better than some previous resolutions have!

@millieshops They are paid very well to find things to say. They also get a lot of perks. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:
@milleshops: I agree. Constant complaining about something.

@Teddixat It is just human nature. We all complain about something. I'm sure you do it too.