Honored Contributor

Re: Host's using the supply chain threat to promote sales....

@chrystaltree wrote:

Huh????  How does warning people that they might have to wait longer for something they ordered promote sales?

It would definitely be better than letting people think they will get it.  Customers would appreciate honesty.  If a customer is happy means they will continue to shop.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hopi wrote:

How many times can they use it in a day.

@hopi 

From the looks of the number of ships waiting to get to ports, and the rate that it is improving? About about 9 months.

Since for many things they sell, they are saying things that are factual! I prefer being told later, and it arrives earlier, than being told earlier, and it arrives later. Just me!

hckynut 🥅🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

is her personal host salary information in a video or is it on a written blog?

any particular date?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 

It was awhile ago a utube video I "think" entitled "where your go fund $ went".  It to me was kinda "heart wrenching" because Antonella always laughed but I kinda wonder if that her coping skill going thru so much in her life behind "the scenes".

I'm not very savvy but I'll try to find it for you -- although it has disclaimer about "joining" so I don't know pay to view🤷‍♀️

Respected Contributor

As many times as they have to, to sell product.  It's called "sales and marketing".  It ain't a great vocation, but it is what it is.

Honored Contributor

First, it's their job to sell. Using all legit facts to do so is doing nothing wrong in my book. Giving the facts about something is not a threat, it's just sharing information. 

Second, it isn't a lie. There is a huge issue in the supply chain. It's been evident by how little of some things they have had to sell this past holiday season, and how quickly the inventory for many things was depleted, how few were brought in to begin with, and how limited the overall selection has been relative to 2019 and before.

If they are encouraging me to buy 'one for the bus driver, one for the nail tech' or if they are telling me 'this is all we could get, no reorder, the supply chain has us limited to x amount of this product/category/brand', it's simply information. If they are giving me ideas of how to use the product, why I might want more than one, where or how I can use it, who it might be a good gift for, how it might change my life.........it is all legit and within their job description. 

I come from a generation that wants to be 'sold to'. I want you to explain your product. I want you to know your product, it's specs, it's quality, it's uses, all it's functions, it's dimensions/sizes/components, it's limits. I want ideas on the many ways the product can be utilized (I'm looking for things that do more than one thing). I want to know the warranty, the reviews, the trends in the industry. I want to know what it won't do as much as what it will do (Jill was good at that). And yes, I even want to know if you have limited supply, if you are having issues getting the product, if it is a one time run and done. 

If in all that sharing of information, I don't choose wisely, or make a decision to buy (or not), it is nothing against the hosts. They are doing their job. They are telling me the facts. 

Now, if they are lying about any of it, that is another story. But in general, using the supply chain 'excuse' is really just the truth of today's world. I don't see it as anything but another piece of information about the product they are presenting. If people choose to 'panic' and buy because of FOMO more so than need, that problem lies with them, not the seller.

Esteemed Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

@hopi   I would say as many times as we see empty spaces on the supermarket shelves or even spaces filled but with an excess of one kind of item instead of a variety.

Not much repetitive bothers me but that's quite certainly because the only real time I spend watching/listening is when I plan to shop and this week my shopping plans involve only groceries and a final decision on a new faucet for my kitchen sink.  (I brought one home last week, but it's going back assuming I find different.   Because of supply chain problems, the choices are limited.  There are faucets, just not necessarily exactly what I want.)

I do not envy the hosts having to find something to say.  They will be criticized if they repeat themselves, if they talk about anything someone doesn't want to hear, if they sip liquid, chew too loudly, etc.     End of my rant for today.  One of my resolutions for 2022 is to post no more than once a day.  Hope it works better than some previous resolutions have!

@millieshops They are paid very well to find things to say. They also get a lot of perks. 

@manny2 

The average salary of a QVC host is around $47,026. Top earners make over $56,633 a year. Salaries depend largely on the host's experience, location and ability to sell. QVC on-air hosts earn almost double. Their annual income is around $74,690, with top earners making more than $125,667 a year. Many hosts bring in extra revenue from other activities, such as book writing, public speaking and blogging.

I wouldn't call this VERY well.  I would call it a decent salary only. 

$75K is hardly being over paid in today's economy.

There are construction guys in my company making WAY more than $125K

Our Admin Asst make more than 50K and that is a LOW salary by today's standards.

Let's remember, the hosts get the 'talking' points given to them.....they aren't saying things just to annoy you.

I'm shocked. There's no way I'd do that job for that salary. Where do you get your info?

@febe1 

Those numbers have been on the Internet for years, and I do not believe for one second that they are being paid that low. I am not saying that they are millionaires, but I would expect them to make considerably more than that.  I would as a guess with no hard figures to back me up expect the newer hosts salaries to possibly be in the 60-75K range, for the seasoned hosts to be well within the six figure range.