Regular Contributor

Host on Gourmet Holiday Show

I just watched Jill Bauer on the show.  She is a class act. She looks different, is she losing weight or getting shorter?  She just doesn't look like she used to look.

Contributor

Re: Host on Gourmet Holiday Show

She is so good at describing items. Will miss her for sure 

Esteemed Contributor

The food show  just showed why she will be missed. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

She has recently said she's lost some weight.  Yes, she looks great. She is my favorite host...professional, thorough, relatable, fun too. One of Q's best and so sorry she'll no longer be on air.  She had gotten to be really the only host I enjoyed watching anymore. And I loved Your Home With Jill. But...she seems happy to be making the leap. She started her own "public figure" FB & Instagram accounts "JustJillBauer' for those that want to still follow her. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am appleblossom wrote:

I just watched Jill Bauer on the show.  She is a class act. She looks different, is she losing weight or getting shorter?  She just doesn't look like she used to look.

@I am appleblossom: Jill has lost weight and looks great. She will be missed for sure. 

Contributor

Why must Alberti keep stealing her thunder, he is so annoying by popping in in her segment and has to describe the item that she and the vendor already did. 

Esteemed Contributor

That technique you describe has been used on the Gourmet Food shows for quite awhile, going back to Dan Wheeler and Sharon Faetsch.  At some point during one host's presentation, the other will step in to sample....not a big deal at all, although hosts do vary in how long they linger and how much they say.

Honored Contributor

@wahine50 wrote:

Why must Alberti keep stealing her thunder, he is so annoying by popping in in her segment and has to describe the item that she and the vendor already did. 

@wahine50   you must not watch many "gourmet shows."  When there are two hosts, they often come over into the other host's presentations during many of the items being showcased.  They taste, ask questions, give their added sales pitch, talk on & on, etc.  This has been going on for at least the last couple of years, not just recently. It's what QVC has told them to do.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

That technique you describe has been used on the Gourmet Food shows for quite awhile, going back to Dan Wheeler and Sharon Faetsch.  At some point during one host's presentation, the other will step in to sample....not a big deal at all, although hosts do vary in how long they linger and how much they say.

@Johnnyeager  Yes, this is true, but when Alberti and Rachel step in, they like to take over the whole thing.  They should just sample and go away.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Jill and will miss her.  In my opinion, one of the most watchable hosts QVC has ever had.

And I am certain that when my retirement comes, I will look and feel much better, too.  A big weight off one's shoulder knowing that your time is your own.