Honored Contributor

Re: Host Katie McGee is leaving

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Katie doesnt spark sales. Shes a sweet girl but QVC hosting isnt her thing. Look at Katrina Z shes come to the Q and shes the hottest thing I have seen in years. Trendy, charismatic and she wants to bring the glamour side back.

@JONNYSBRO   You have not seen Mary Beth, I take it.  Katie had the Mary Beth style.  She was honest, easy to watch, pleasant and always happy.  There is a place for more than one style.  I really like Katrina Zsish but I loved Katie.  They have different techniques.  There are a couple who I wish had gone the first night they were here, but they are hot news for the Q because they act like Jr high girls.

Super Contributor

I enjoyed her very much as I appreciate a calm host and one who seems to add information and know products, and allow the guest expert to speak. Wish her a happy future.

Super Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

That's a real shame.  She's leaving on the heels of her doppelgänger, Mary Nelson.

I agree with you.. I also thought that she was also a little Lisa Mason. Both well prepared and articulate and not pretentious. I will miss her..

Honored Contributor

Not surprised, they stuck her on Q2 and now no one gets to see and enjoy her. Many of us did, but few of us watch Q2 I think. Very much too bad. She'll be missed as Katie was one of a few great hosts.

Esteemed Contributor

Katie was too classy for QVC.  I wish her a fabulous future in whatever she does. 

I wonder if the hosts that I see as annoying and unwatchable are the ones who make the most sales....?  Doesn't make sense to me.   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

☹️☹️☹️ She is a host I thoroughly enjoyed.  Not only calm, personable but she really informed the viewer.

IMO something going on with Q...maybe the end is near!  The programming is stale & most of the hosts I no longer watch because 1) nothing I want & 2) can't take the "crazy" pushy sales tactics...

Good Luck Katie you will be missed😥 

Yes, and I'm tired of hearing about Disneyland trips. If JT has a lot in sales, its because she is on regular QVC, no put on QVC 2, and is on so much at prime time.

I feel like the people who are making these decisions are not taking that into account.

Regular Contributor

Was yesterday Katie's last day?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DottieD wrote:

Was yesterday Katie's last day?

@DottieD   Yes. 

She had shows scheduled for this weekend (Q2), but the Program Guide has since changed and a different host has taken over those shows. 

Esteemed Contributor

I guess per management, she didn't scream, yell, jump up and down, make up words and be obnoxious enough for them...........  She is one of the best and she got a raw deal by sending her to Q2.  Good luck, Katie.

Super Contributor

sorry to see  Katie McGee go. when the Q was on 24/7 she would keep me company during the late night hours.  once she went to daytime i didn't see her as much. i wish her the best and hope her next adventure will make her very happy.