Honored Contributor

Re: Host Katie McGee is leaving

I haven't caught up with any of the newer hosts.  

Respected Contributor

I would bet that she got the boot! She is a far better host than some!

Respected Contributor

I enjoyed watching her and wish her well. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just came across her Instagram post saying the same thing. First Mary Nelson, now Katie McGee. I really enjoyed watching both of these wonderful hosts. They both had the soft spoken, sincere, down to earth, relatable professional style of Mary Beth Roe. I much prefer this to the clown car antics of certain hosts that seem to have become the norm on the Q. I'm really sad to see her go. Wishing her all the best in the next phase of her life. 

Honored Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

I just came across her Instagram post saying the same thing. First Mary Nelson, now Katie McGee. I really enjoyed watching both of these wonderful hosts. They both had the soft spoken, sincere, down to earth, relatable professional style of Mary Beth Roe. I much prefer this to the clown car antics of certain hosts that seem to have become the norm on the Q. I'm really sad to see her go. Wishing her all the best in the next phase of her life. 

ITA! I really enjoyed Katie, Mary, and Cathy's hosting styles. It seems like just a short while ago they were excited about joining QVC. I get "attached" easily to my favorite hosts and vendors. It's times like this I wish I didn't. Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

I really liked Katie. She was one of the few hosts who was not an instant channel change for me. Maybe she did not want to do all the silly stuff some of the other hosts do to “entertain” us. I wish her well. QVC continues to decline.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to see her go.  She is professional and pleasant.  I'd sit through her presentations.

Trusted Contributor

Katie doesnt spark sales. Shes a sweet girl but QVC hosting isnt her thing. Look at Katrina Z shes come to the Q and shes the hottest thing I have seen in years. Trendy, charismatic and she wants to bring the glamour side back.
Esteemed Contributor

@JONNYSBRO. There you go again, claiming to know the sales figures of the hosts. Not everyone loves the “glamour” style of presentations, like your beloved LR.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

From my viewpoint, Katie has always been a calm, likeable, well-prepared, eloquent host.  From QVC's vantage point she may not have been dynamic enough to generate the required sales.  It's probably just not in Kate's nature to jump up and down, racing around the set acting silly.  It's probably just as well she's leaving so she can find a job more suited to her personality.  I know I'll miss her.

@Kachina624   I agree.  I think she is a more honest broker who wants to tell the straight story and not make up her homemade tales about who she is, from where she came and her exciting (non-existent) life which never was, as some have done.