Esteemed Contributor

Re: Host Katie McGee is leaving

@corita wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Johnnyeager  I agree with too many hosts. I’m sure there are more to go.

-------------------------

I also agree...they hired way too many hosts.  But there are other hosts I would rather see leave than Katie.  I enjoy Katie's presentations... no silliness, no long life stories, no yelling at the viewers!!!

Exactly! 

Honored Contributor

I can't speak about this woman's performance on QVC, as I so rarely watch and don't think I'd ever seen her. What I can say is that this seemingly endless hiring and precipitous leaving of hosts, shuffling of hosts and so on, when coupled with all the website issues, shipping glitches, order fulfillment problems and so on would seem to be indicative of a retail entity that is in significant disarray. If there is a grand plan either it isn't working or no one knows what it is.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Sad to hear this.  From what I have seen, Katy is much more professional than a few others I have seen.  I guess their choices signal the direction of what customer base they are attempting to retract.  About a week ago, I watched a clothing show where a garment was sold out - and host summarily tosses through the air to get it out of sight.  Then the host stands in front of the garment lying on the floor talking away.  Really?  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think I've ever seen Katie McGee.  I saw a host for the first time last night named Stacey. She was on with Gary and he couldn't get a word in, she rarely stopped talking long enough. Glad she's not on much,they have plenty of those type.

Too bad about Katie she sounds like a good host.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Sad to hear this.  From what I have seen, Katy is much more professional than a few others I have seen.  I guess their choices signal the direction of what customer base they are attempting to retract.  About a week ago, I watched a clothing show where a garment was sold out - and host summarily tosses through the air to get it out of sight.  Then the host stands in front of the garment lying on the floor talking away.  Really?  

I didn't see that, but it doesn't surprise me. Totally unprofessional.

I am going to email or call someone about Katie leaving, I doubt it will do a bit of good, but it may make me feel better. They get rid of the best ones. I'm surprised Mary Beth is still there. 

Trusted Contributor

Sorry to hear this. I really enjoyed her natural approach to being a great host. She looked like she truly enjoyed her job. I wish her much success on her new journey.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw her post on Facebook about her leaving and was very surprised and disappointed.

It certainly semed abrupt, since I just saw her on air the other day,  She was a pleasure to watch - very calm and well informed.   I wish her well in the future.

Esteemed Contributor

When good hosts leave it makes qvc seem like they have no idea what they are doing.  

Katie was a good host.  Why bother hiring these people at all.  Meanwhile, we’re left with some duds.

Respected Contributor

Count me in with those of you who are sorry to see Katie leave QVC.  I did like her style and demeanor.  SIGH.  I guess that means more of Jane T., Amy and Shawn.  Again. Or still. 

Frequent Contributor

OH no. Sad to see her leave. I have enjoyed her from day one. So few hosts I enjoy and or will watch anymore.