New Contributor

Re: Host Katie McGee is leaving

I have been wondering where she was.  I have to say I really enjoyed her as a host.  I am not sure how QVC decides who will stay and who will go.  There is one host who was probably great at acting but I can not watch her on QVC.  I literally skip any show she is hosting.  She seems so fumbly and not at ease.  Not a good fit.  There are still some great hosts but there was a wave of newbies that just werent up to par in my opinion.  I am not sure who was hiring at that time but not great choices being made.  

Contributor

I’m so sorry Katie is leaving.She’s so sweet and authentic. I can think of a few others that I could without. How are these things decided?
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

At least she didn't say she was leaving "to spend time with my family".  

If anyone says anything about why they are leaving it should be that.  People aren't obligated to say anything about leaving, and most shouldn't if they do.

I'm so tired of people on tv baring their souls to the audience. . . anyway. 

New Contributor

Stating that Katrina Szish is the hottest thing since sliced bread is WAY out of line.  She does not know how to speak correctly, as she constantly says 'AAHH' or 'UMMM' for lack of anything else to say, which is very unprofessional.  No other show host does that.  She is very inexperienced and should be sent back to training or let go.  I always turn QVC off when she is the host as she is so annoying to listen to.  Go back to your old profession as this does not work for you. 

Occasional Visitor

I miss Katie!  She was one of my favorites. I agree with some of the other departures, but not Katie.  Julia is not one of my favorites and can't believe that she is still there and Katie is gone.  Just my personal opinion.  Go luck Katie and I wish you nothing but blessings.

Honored Contributor

Talk about being late to the party - I've never even heard of her.   I don't watch much at all anymore, however, and especially during the last HALF of the year, when it's all about christmas.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Talk about being late to the party - I've never even heard of her.   I don't watch much at all anymore, however, and especially during the last HALF of the year, when it's all about christmas.

I read this and thought "Who is Katie McGee?"  I'm of a indifferent QVC viewer.  And I don't know the names of more then half of them.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I read this and thought "Who is Katie McGee?"  I'm of a indifferent QVC viewer.  And I don't know the names of more then half of them.

I hear that!   I only know the old timers.   I see names here all the time and have absolutely no idea.   I get it - that's on me.  Smiley Happy   I'm fine w/that.

But, just from reading this board, it seems like more people than usual are leaving as hosts.    It does make me wonder how things are for QVC.

Honored Contributor

This thread is from Jan 2020 - so no new departures of current hosts.