Respected Contributor

Re: Host Katie McGee is leaving

So sorry to read this. I did enjoy Katie when she was on the main channel. I dont watch any other Q channels.  Now, out of the what 50 hosts left on QVC, less then 5 are watchable to me.  I wish Katie well and know she will land on her feet with something even better.

Honored Contributor

Don't think I remember her

Occasional Contributor

I am very sorry to see Katie go. She has been one of my favorites since coming there. Her presentation skills and tone of voice is so much better than all of the other new hosts. It's such a shame that these employers are letting their good people go and keeping the ones that are the loudest, most annoying. I'm done with ShopHQ after they let Wendi Russo go again after bringing her back and Robin Wall and Brett Chuckerman on HSN were two of my favorites, especially Robin. I guess it's the sign of the times. Companies don't care about their people or customers anymore. It's no wonder the world is going to hell for the all mighty dollar.  Before long, we all will be at the frigging mercy of AMAZON who pays absolutely nothing in taxes as our brick and mortar stores close and checkouts at the stores are going to self checkouts. 

Regular Contributor

I enjoyed her and Mary Nelso so very much. It seems like everytime I tune in now one of the older hosts  talkis 50 miles a minute about her family and waves her arms is on.  I wish Mary and Katie the very best.

Honored Contributor

@KATIE ANN wrote:

I enjoyed her and Mary Nelso so very much. It seems like everytime I tune in now one of the older hosts  talkis 50 miles a minute about her family and waves her arms is on.  I wish Mary and Katie the very best.

@KATIE ANN 

I had hoped Mary Beth would be retiring soon and Katie would become the calm, sincere replacement for Mary Beth.  They are both very nice, honest-appearing ladies whose demeanor is easy to watch and their spiel easily understood.  Katie is articulate, eloquent and knows when to talk and when not to.

Honored Contributor

@2tired4it wrote:

I am very sorry to see Katie go. She has been one of my favorites since coming there. Her presentation skills and tone of voice is so much better than all of the other new hosts. It's such a shame that these employers are letting their good people go and keeping the ones that are the loudest, most annoying. I'm done with ShopHQ after they let Wendi Russo go again after bringing her back and Robin Wall and Brett Chuckerman on HSN were two of my favorites, especially Robin. I guess it's the sign of the times. Companies don't care about their people or customers anymore. It's no wonder the world is going to hell for the all mighty dollar.  Before long, we all will be at the frigging mercy of AMAZON who pays absolutely nothing in taxes as our brick and mortar stores close and checkouts at the stores are going to self checkouts. 

I didn't realize Wendi was gone again from ShopHQ.  I tuned in yesterday afternoon for a very short amount of time and there was a new host on there I had never seen before.  I never so her co-host with a seasoned host, never saw her as a vendor.  All of a sudden, she's a host.  LOL

Respected Contributor

@KATIE ANN wrote:

I agree.  It was sad when Mary Nelson left, I adored her.  And now Katie.  (sigh)Woman Sad

Valued Contributor

That's a shame, one of the better hosts.  

Super Contributor

It is sad, all of the shopping channels seem to unceremoniously flush good hosts but keep the loud obnoxious ones.  Maybe those ones work cheaper.  I guess you have X amount of time to make sales targets and if not GONE.  It used to be these channels would let hosts stick around longer and improve and build an audience.  I used to be able to name all the Q hosts...Now I can only name a fraction.  So many new ones and by the time you learn their name they are gone as well!

Good luck Katie.  Hope to see you somewhere else soon.

Respected Contributor

That's a shame.  One of the very few hosts that were pleasant to listen to.