Honored Contributor

Re: Host Katie McGee is leaving

@Johnnyeager  I agree with too many hosts. I’m sure there are more to go.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

At least she didn't say she was leaving "to spend time with my family".  

She doesn't need to give a reason. I wish her all the best and am sure she will be successful in whatever she chooses to do. Her reasons for choosing to move on to something else are a personal choice. 

Honored Contributor

@DottieD wrote:

That's a bummer. I can't remember the last time I saw her on the main channel.  

She was demoted to being Jill's sidekick on Q2 when Jill was put on Q2 at 10:00 at night with her home show.  Jill left and Katie started with a home show of her own but she was never brought back to the main channel. 

Honored Contributor

Sorry to hear this.  She was one of the few remaining I could still stand to watch for any amount of time.

Oh well, more and more I watch less and less.

Valued Contributor

With all the re-runs, their new format, QVC doesn’t need as many hosts. Less and less live programming.
Valued Contributor

I will miss her.

I always thought that she was a wonderful show host.

I am unable to receive the QVC 2 channel so once she was on that channel mostly uunable to see her.

I hope what she goes onto next is a wonderful chapter for her.

Honored Contributor

That's a real shame.  She's leaving on the heels of her doppelgänger, Mary Nelson.

Honored Contributor

I'm honestly surprised it took this long for another host to leave/be let go.  I thought it would happen in December and there would be more than 1.  Maybe she isn't the only one that will be leaving. 

Super Contributor

I am so sorry to hear she is leaving, I really enjoyed her shows.
I certainly think they could have given her more time on air instead of some of the hosts having 3 & 4 shows with their name on them.
I wish her the very best, such a sweet lady who I had the pleasure to watch.
Honored Contributor

From my viewpoint, Katie has always been a calm, likeable, well-prepared, eloquent host.  From QVC's vantage point she may not have been dynamic enough to generate the required sales.  It's probably just not in Kate's nature to jump up and down, racing around the set acting silly.  It's probably just as well she's leaving so she can find a job more suited to her personality.  I know I'll miss her.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment