Honored Contributor

Re: Hospital theft of masks and sanitizer

@2blonde wrote:

@Witchy Woman   What the h--l has happened to people?  I'm waiting next to hear of someone being shot over TP or sanitizer.

@2blonde @Witchy Woman 

Me too. I don't think poeople should be able to walk around with a gun on their person. We don't live in the Old West. You never know when you are out shopping, eating at a restaurant etc when this could happen.

Esteemed Contributor

This is not a genteel society.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's really awful @Witchy Woman .  I went to the grocery store today and they always have wipes for the carts and hand sanitizer out where the carts are.  There were none today.  They don't have any in stock either.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I just said to my DH yesterday "I wonder how long it will be before people start stealing the hand sanitizer dispensers stores and supermarkets put out?"  We both could envisage someone trying to take the whole thing or even bringing a container to fill with the hand sanitizer some places have out for customers.

Seems it's already started.  Absolutely ridiculous and should be treated like any other theft.

@Venezia 

I never would have thought to do that. It's not something I would ever do. It's just like people stealing the tip jar off the counter.

DH said he's ready to go back in time with everything going on today.

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

No surprise to me, at all. Next they'll be going into housekeeping supply closets to steal toilet paper. It happened a few times where I worked, without a pandemic. 

@BlueFinch 

They have guys that do that where DH works. Tacky. Not worth losing your job over. They can get fired for this. They all make good money so there's no reason for them to do this?

Someone saw one guy get a roll & put in his lunchbox in his locker. When he was out fueling jets they took the roll out of his lunchbox LOL!!! Wonder what he thought when he got home & found no tp in his lunchbox.

Esteemed Contributor

If people cared, just a bit more, about their fellow Americans, they would not engage in selfish, mercenary, and greedy behavior. These thefts will not save the thiefs but may well hurt others, e.g., health care workers who will be quarantined because they could not protect themselves. I thought we were "one nation under God."

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian 

I see how caring people are after catastropic events and my heart is hopeful.

However, there is also something very primal about "getting mine first."

I'm not sure we can expect the large percentage to "do the right thing" and act like they care about others.

Sadly, that is the situation sometimes.

Respected Contributor

Same at my clinic Wednesday. The nurse said the dispensers that held the canned sanitizer were in good supply but no more hand sanitizer and masks only upon request at the desk. This is a small town. 5000 in city and 5000 in the outlying areas. It is happening everywhere.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just saw videos of several brutal beat-downs at US stores over TP and sanitizer....all of the combatants were women.

So if you're getting the last products on the shelf, look over your shoulder and make a mad dash for the register!

One of the videos was an 8 month pregnant woman attacked by 2 sisters.

No wonder I trust dogs (animals) more than most people....

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Image may contain: one or more people, possible text that says 'Before all of us young(ish) healthy(ish) people go out and buy EVERYTHING in the shops, consider the people most at risk...'

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."