Valued Contributor

I own a horse and due to health reasons hadn't rode in almost 2 years.  A friend of mine lost her horse 2 years ago.  So tonight decided to ride.  She rode Raven, my horse, I rode a friends horse Sugar Babe, who can be a temperamental horse.

My hips were screaming when I  got on, but calmed down.  We had a wonderful short ride.  It felt great being back  in  the  saddle  again.

Honored Contributor

Re: Horse lovers out there...

I'm green with envy. Used to own horses in Texas but it's been quite a few years since I've ridden. I've had a knee replacement so I'm not sure it would be wise. I would love to explore NM on horseback. So many beautiful places....
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

That is great!

I have two horses and one that I just take care of. He is 35 years old so he does't get ridden, just spoiled. I LOVE trail riding and riding along the beach. I love everything about horses.

Valued Contributor

@LoriMI wrote:

I own a horse and due to health reasons hadn't rode in almost 2 years.  A friend of mine lost her horse 2 years ago.  So tonight decided to ride.  She rode Raven, my horse, I rode a friends horse Sugar Babe, who can be a temperamental horse.

My hips were screaming when I  got on, but calmed down.  We had a wonderful short ride.  It felt great being back  in  the  saddle  again.

So glad you were able to get out and enjoy your ride.  I have always loved the beauty of horses.  We had a gray horse named Gypsy  for a few years when I was growing up, then we moved to town.  She was hard for me to handle, so I would always ride my neighbor's horse and she rode mine!  There is a beautiful VPH Susan Winget Illuminated Picture item #H203889 for all of you horse lovers out there!

Respected Contributor

Hello, LoriMI. Smiley Happy

I love horses. Especially the gypsy vanner horse.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

Good for you LoriMI! We have three horses and they really are good for us in a lot of ways. Great to hear you are riding again. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

Oooo I was obsessed with horses as a little girl! I remember my friends and I would play "horses".! Lol! Enjoy yours!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I do not own a horse and I doubt my back would allow me to ride but I love horses. There are a lot of ranches where I live in Florida and I can go and watch the horses and give them apples.

Respected Contributor

Will Rogers once said: "The best thing for the inside of a man is the outside of a horse."

That goes for women too!!!!! Keep riding!

Respected Contributor

We no longer have horses and I miss riding too.... So nice that you are back in the saddle...enjoy (: