Respected Contributor

Horrible online experience with Macy's

Just want to vent.  I wanted to look at comforters on the Macy's website.  They don't allow you to see the various color choices in the picture of the comforter, instead they just give you a small, useless, color sample to go by.  I want to see the whole comforter in that color, not a tiny sample. 

This made me mad enough to make a complaint via customer service.  They don't allow you to send an email from the website, so I tried online chat.  That did not actually "chat" at all, instead I got canned responses that had nothing to do with my questions/comments.

In 2018?  Really, Macy's?

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Re: Horrible online experience with Macy's

Don't get me started. I was flat out lied to about a reshipment after they sent someone else's order to me and mine who knows where. I got off chat and my local store couldn't have been nicer and more apologetic. They ended up losing a lot of money since my comforter went on a better sale a few days later. Should have done the right thing and reshipped!

And I agree. The swatch is worthless!
Respected Contributor

I find their website to be nearly impossible to use.

Super Contributor

I find their site works much better on my computer vs iPad..

however, my experience was great. Ordered Sunday, delivered Monday!

Honored Contributor

I just received a Martha Stewart 3 piece cotton comforter set from Macy's. It was beautiful but I agree that the on line photo was useless. I just got lucky.

Macys ship the same day and I usually receive my orders 2 days later. I find them as good as Amazon, sometimes better.

Honored Contributor

I ordered a set of dishes from Macy's.  They sent them quickly, but not the ones I wanted.  I called and explained that I received the wrong item. 'They immediately sent me the correct ones.

I had to call them again and find out what they wanted me to do with the ones that were sent in error.  They said, just return them when you can. They were too heavy for me to take to my local store.  I sent them back by UPS with their postage paid label.

I could have just kept them.  No one seemed concerned.

i was surprised that they sent another order to me without getting the first one back.  They were over $200.  I think their customer service dept is very lazy and doesn't really care if they do a good job or not.

Respected Contributor

Their website is horrible.  I do like to shop online with my favorite department stores but when it comes to Macy's, I just get in the car and go to their store in the mall.  It's faster and I my blood pressure doesn't spike.  They really do need to do something about that website.

Honored Contributor

Macys on line web site has been bad for years. I haven’t shopped at Macys in years.

Valued Contributor

The Macy's website is awful. It's way too hard to navigate. I also think their coupons are a TOTAL JOKE - way too many exclusions. I don't shop there anymore.

Honored Contributor

I just ordered 2 curtain panels for a bedroom. At first, all I saw was the little color swatch in the corner and thought "this stinks, you can't tell what the color will look like". For whatever reason I started clicking hear and there and discovered that when I placed the item in my cart and THEN clicked on the swatch, the big picture changed and now I could see the color. 

Don't ask me why, but it worked on everything from that point forward. 

With the sale and the coupon, I purchased $200 curtains for $45 with free shipping. I'm happy!