Respected Contributor

Re: Horrible Accident on My Street This Morning

saying prayers for irma.  doesn't matter who's fault it is at this point.  she is the focus of everything imo.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@DARING GREATLY wrote:

I pray she survives.   

So should that roofing company and the police.

Pearlee,  You read my mind.  My sympathy here is totally with Irma.  As far as some saying she was at fault, that she should have turned around, I say I understand why she did what she did.  Yes, in retrospect, she should have turned around.  But any reasonable person would understand that most of us act instinctively most of the time.  From your comment, I would believe you are in sync with this thinking,

I know laws vary from community to community, from state to state, but there would appear to be a possible violation against the roofing company and even more of a case against the police.  If a case ever went before a jury (juries are notoriously iffy on all cases), Irma is a very sympathetic victim.  

As as far as another poster saying that lawyers "get paid first" in litigation, answer is no.  First, all expenses have to be paid by the person bringing suit, then the attorney gets a percentage defined by law, then the victor gets the spoils.  

Sorry for for going off on a rant.  My main concern is sweet Irma.  I guess I worked for a litigation firm for too long.  Can you tell?  Very wordy and more analytical than some.  Oh, even notice the very careful wording.

Pray for Irma.

Respected Contributor

@Black Cat Back

Is there an update yet on Irma's condition?  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@DARING GREATLY wrote:

Thank you for your responses and concern.   Irma, the lady who was hit, is in ICU.   She is on a vent and has internal injuries.   

Her children are in town now.   

I pray she survives.   

I pray she does, too!  Blessings to her, her family and you.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

Is there any word on Irma's condition?

Respected Contributor

Hello, DARING GREATLY. Smiley Happy

I hope your neighbor will be all right.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

I am also wondering if there are any updates on Irma.  I saw daring posting on another thread earlier.  I do hope Irma is okay and the situation was resolved.

Please let us know..  Thanks..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

@orangegarnet wrote:

I am also wondering if there are any updates on Irma.  I saw daring posting on another thread earlier.  I do hope Irma is okay and the situation was resolved.

I know I saw her name on the Kim Davis convo I think and was going to ask but didn't feel it was appropriate but I was wondering how Irma was? 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks.   Irma was removed from the vent and is in a coma.   Her family is considering what to do.  

Very sad all around.

Sorry it took me awhile to get back to you.  I'm having some personal issues myself.

But, the roofers are still working on that house.

Honored Contributor

@Greenhouse wrote:

@orangegarnet wrote:

I know I saw her name on the Kim Davis convo I think and was going to ask but didn't feel it was appropriate but I was wondering how Irma was? 

That's where I saw her too.  Maybe she'll come back and let us all know.  Thanks, Green.  ☺

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee