Respected Contributor

@orangegarnet wrote:

That particular truck does look like a utility vehicle but the one in question was in a person's driveway blocking the side walk..  Utilities trucks to me are like the phone people, electric, gas, water and such..  I apologize if I come across as stupid.. 

Uh, mmkay. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

Re: Horrible Accident on My Street This Morning

Sounds like there could be a chain of lawsuits concerning this whole event.  Rest assured, upon any settlement, the lawyers will get paid first.  

I hope the injured woman is ok.

Respected Contributor

Daring Greatly, please update us on your neighbor when you can, we are concerned and praying for her.

Something I noticed that others may have missed is that Daring Greatly mentioned in her first post that the truck was approximately 10 feet from the curb into the street.  So this is more than just sidewalk blocking.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for your responses and concern.   Irma, the lady who was hit, is in ICU.   She is on a vent and has internal injuries.   

Her children are in town now.   

I pray she survives.   

Honored Contributor

@DARING GREATLY wrote:

Thank you for your responses and concern.   Irma, the lady who was hit, is in ICU.   She is on a vent and has internal injuries.   

I pray she survives.   

Thank you for the update, DARING.  We are also praying she survives. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@debc wrote:

@Smaug wrote:

I'm surprised people don't know you cannot block the sidewalk even where it intersects with your driveway. Its obstructing public right of way. 

I'm wondering if something like a roofing truck would be an exception like utility vehicles?  

Shoekitty said

No, they are not allowed, unless they are loading or unloading.  If there are special restrictions due to layout of street and parking(cul-dlsac) they may put cones and signs around the truck for a limited time  Here in California, in my area, a roofing or specialty truck or tractor usually comes, keeps motor running, unloads all the materials for day and leaves.  They do not stay.  The roofer follows the big truck with his own, or they are dropped off and picked up.  This is my knowledge.  Each state and area can have their own code, but usually blockage of city sidewalks is a state or county issue

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

Did you contact the roofing company?  I would call them and leave several messages, as well as post comments on the internet/social media detailing this.  There is NO WAY I would let this go until Monday.

I was thinking a YELP comment would get attention.  You can't accuse anyone of anything, maybe sight the company leaving the truck as rude, inconciderate and negligent and you wouldn't hire them.

Esteemed Contributor

@orangegarnet wrote:

@DARING GREATLY wrote:

I pray she survives.   

Thank you for the update, DARING.  We are also praying she survives. 

That doesn't sound too good....I hope she recovers....maybe she is on a ventilator to keep her calm and comfortable rather than to assist her breathing 

Honored Contributor

@DARING GREATLY wrote:

I pray she survives.   

So should that roofing company and the police.

Esteemed Contributor

I just can't imagine how terrible you feel.  We all should pray for Irma and for her family.  You certainly did everything you could.  Boy, life is not fair.  I am sure her family is with her 24/7 and devastated to see her in this condition.  Please let us know how she is doing.