Honored Contributor

Horrible Accident near West Point, One Cadet Dead.

[ Edited ]
Jun 06, 2019
BREAKING: At least 1 cadet dead, 23 injured at West Point after military vehicle overturns

At least one West Point cadet was killed and nearly two dozen more injured when a military vehicle overturned near a training site on Thursday morning.

The crash left 21 other cadets and two soldiers injured, a West Point spokesperson told NBC News. 

The vehicle crashed around 6:45 a.m. near the Camp Natural Bridge training site in New York.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Re: Horrible Accident near West Point, One Cadet Dead.

@JaneMarple 

Thank you for the link.

Thoughts and prayers for those involved and their friends and families.❤️🙏🏻😰

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

How horrible!  Nothing to say except I'm saddened to learn of this loss and these injuries.

When I lived in NYC, I went up to the West Point area.  Like most others, I hold this military academy in high esteem.  Those who choose to go there typically belong to a "warrior" class, a group that chooses to protect others with great sacrifice to themselves.

(This is the third, I think, rollover death event that has occurred recently with military vehicles here and abroad.  Are they weighted incorrectly?  I'm totally ignorant of engineering, but the layperson in me wonders what is different.  Are the vehicles larger?  Higher off the ground?)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My sons' best friend is at West Point. When we heard the news, he immediately began reaching out to see if J was injured. While he was doing that, J was reaching out to my son to tell him he was not on the vehicle but friends of his were. 

It's rare for an accident to occur with cadets or midshipman; someone will definitely pay for this.

Prayers and keeping all involved and touched by this tragedy close to heart.

Honored Contributor

God rest his soul, and bless him for the good he did with his life