Honored Contributor

Re: Hope you're not planning on buying an above ground pool

Not to worry, I'm not buying a pool. At my previous home, I had a shared well with some neighbors who filled their fifteen foot round pool with a hose. My well pump was nearly steaming from overuse.

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut ...You didn't bore me at all!...Us ladies tend to be the nurturers so we just have to check up on you now and then. 

I admire your strong spirit and attitude towards life...You are an inspiration and have come through a lot throughout your lifetime...I have no doubt that you have many more years ahead of you, as you obviously take very good care of yourself.

Just be careful when you start skating again as you don't want to risk any falls...I'm sure that, with your hockey history, you definitely keep yourself well protected and as safe as possible.

While I'm at it, let me wish you an early...

Happy Birthday!  Woman Very Happy

Excited Happy GIF - Excited Happy Hockey GIFs

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@haddon9 wrote:

It's not just pools, it seems that it's almost anything used to enhance one's backyard experience.

I purchased a zero gravity lounger early last month on Amazon.  I paid $85.00 for it.  A few weeks later I noticed that the Q had one as their "Big Deal for around $99.00 so I looked to see what the one that I had just  purchased was going for...it had gone up to $99.00!  When I looked more recently it's now up to $130.00!...the same chair!

I was speaking with a friend yesterday and she told me that when she had gone into Lowes a few days ago all fire pits were out of stock as that seems to be a popular item too. 

We're all mostly stuck at home with many pools & camps closed so anything that will enhance your backyard experience is going to be in short supply!

Shoekitty said

i ordered 3 loungers.  One in March for 129   Then one in April for 149.   Last one I ordered May 15 was 159   Kind of like the stock market.  As inventory goes down, the price goes up  these are all the same lounger.  Originally I purchased one 2 years ago for 119.  Then wanted another.  Same one, same color same company, it had gone up only 10 bucks  but in the last  2 months it has gone up 30 bucks.  

Honored Contributor

Above ground pools are kind of an eye sore but I can see why people would want them with the pandemic. 

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove 

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your nice post and your birthday wish. I am always careful, but falls if you skate often, are to be expected. How you fall and hit the ice, that is the difference.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse  Not necessarily. I have seen some with decks built partially or all the way around. They look fine to me. Especially if they have a heater. Of course if they were placed in the front yard I would agree.

Go to a local hardware store and buy a testing kid, muriatic acid and bleach.  Add 1 cup every day of bleach and lower the PH level with the muriatic acid.  Two of those things are not sold with pool supplies.

Esteemed Contributor

@PamelaSue72 wrote:

We have an inground pool. Our pool place is open and we bought the chemicals we need to open the pool and keep it going for the summer. Guess we were lucky. Lowes also has plenty of pool supplies.

Yes, I was at Leslie's Pool Supplies today and they were well stocked. But we have have an in ground pool, too. I'm not sure what supplies might be like around here for above ground pools.  I know I had a heck of a time ordering an exercise bike two months ago when my gym closed.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@violann wrote:

Wouldn't it be a short leap to realize that at least chlorine would be used at present in disinfectants for hospitals and other medically focused purposes?

I don't know what pool covers are made from, but PPE?

If it were't so terrifying in real life it would be interesting to be an observer in this country from both the worst hot spot and also from sites that have seen few problems.

In anticipation of "opening" our Church has made a request for non chlorine bleach sanitizing wipes (I never knew there was such a thing). 

I'm hoping we may have a crack at being registered for a seat at one of  Christmas Masses, but not too optimistic. 

@violann 

My Lysol wipes don't list any kind of bleach as an ingredient.  

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@@eadu4 
@eadu4 wrote:

No problems here in Northern Virginia.  We have a 24inch round pool and all the pool shops are open, Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes all have pool supplies, and if you still cant find what you need try IntheSwim online (and yes the words are run together like that).  They have all their stuff too.  Got all our supplies, our water tested, just waiting on the water temp to warm up a little more.  Never went to a Big Lots for pool supplies.  Never knew they even carried any.  

@eadu4 

Obviously I should go to bed, but 24 inch pool?

Errr.... that’s Two Feet.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras