Esteemed Contributor

Hope you're not planning on buying an above ground pool

We have a 15' above ground pool that the kids love (and it's been a lifesaver this summer).  Today I went to Big Lots (only store in town that sells pool supplie) and they had no pool supplies (filters, covers pools etc).  Not to worry, I don't need anything today but you never know (and kids are in it 3 hrs a day) so I'll check Amazon.  Oh my! Amazon was almost bare (unless you want a $2000 pool or a $500 pump and nary a cover in sight).  Hope we've got enough supplies to make it through this Summer; classic case of supply and demand.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hope you're not planning on buying an above ground pool

@patbz   Maybe it's just the pre-season rush and things will soon be back to normal.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 : Nope, it's high season for pools in the mountains (as soon as monsoon begins, bye bye pool season).  I think it's all those folks stuck at home with kids (can't take them to the movies or the library).  It's a pity public pools are closed because our city pool is indoors with a slide, etc.

Honored Contributor

How about contacting a pool supply company?  I think I've seen on in the Cottonwood Mall area here.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Probably hot weather and all the kids out of school due to pandemic closings.

Honored Contributor

Not surprising bc community pools have been closed due to the pandemic, plus the limited access to beaches. With kids home now for months, 'at home' pools are a saving grace ! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@patbz 

Pool for me? Nope! Ice rink? Yes.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

It's not just pools, it seems that it's almost anything used to enhance one's backyard experience.

I purchased a zero gravity lounger early last month on Amazon.  I paid $85.00 for it.  A few weeks later I noticed that the Q had one as their "Big Deal for around $99.00 so I looked to see what the one that I had just  purchased was going for...it had gone up to $99.00!  When I looked more recently it's now up to $130.00!...the same chair!

I was speaking with a friend yesterday and she told me that when she had gone into Lowes a few days ago all fire pits were out of stock as that seems to be a popular item too. 

We're all mostly stuck at home with many pools & camps closed so anything that will enhance your backyard experience is going to be in short supply!

Respected Contributor

I guess I was lucky. We just walked to the creek and swam all day till it was time to go home. Ran right by the house.

Trusted Contributor

No problems here in Northern Virginia.  We have a 24inch round pool and all the pool shops are open, Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes all have pool supplies, and if you still cant find what you need try IntheSwim online (and yes the words are run together like that).  They have all their stuff too.  Got all our supplies, our water tested, just waiting on the water temp to warm up a little more.  Never went to a Big Lots for pool supplies.  Never knew they even carried any.