Esteemed Contributor

Hooooray!!! A good news story.........

God gave a few of us in my town a chance to do a good deed today {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Every so often I see a tiny Korean woman shuffling down the street in her slippers.She looks old and her daughter always comes after her and gently steers her around back towards home.They live up the block from me.I think she may have althimers but I really do not know.

I was looking out my window and saw her heading down the street again,no coat and the cold wind blowing at her.She could hardly lift her foot at the curb.She shuffled on ,intent on getting somewhere as she always did. She was not careful crossing the street.I noticed her DD was nowhere in sight.

I ran for my coat and shoes and went to get her.I think she has althimers (sp?) but I'm not sure.I did not want to frighten her.She probably doesn't speak english.I really have no info on her or her family or even her address.My thoughts about her were mine and just supposition, but I felt she was not supposed to be out walking. alone like that,with no coat on.She walked sorta fast and was already down the hill,so I ran to get my car but it was blocked in my driveway.

So I called my son (the mayor) and told him what I thought about the woman and asked if my grandson (a cop) was on duty right now and if he was just riding around town in the cop car.Luckly he was.I told him the story and where the woman was walking,she had already crossed a very busy,speedy highway on her own and what she had on.

He found her and got her address and drove her home safely to her DD.I do not know if they even knew she was gone.

Sooo,A good deed was done by a few people in our town today.I'm so happy {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}