Honored Contributor

Re: Hoomin has hard time leaving kitty alone

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

awww Ghost is sooo cute!   there is something very special about cats with orange coloring-

i had a cream-flame-point Himalayan - he was the same color as Ghost.

he was a real character. he would only eat Fancy Feast cat food. he would go for walks with us outdoors - he would keep up with us and "talk". he sat on my shoulder sometimes when i was cleaning the house

he knew what the camera was for and posed for pictures and he was the most affectionate cat i ever knew. when he passed away i was devastated.

i hope to have another Himalayan some day. i am not able to have pets now due to other's allergies.

@CatsyCline

You were blessed with your boy and I am very sorry for your loss.

The most wonderful Flame point boy owns me.  We are SO close and I love him dearly.  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@feline groovy

This little kittie needs another feline in the house!  Two can be a blessing, especially when leaving the house for a while.  Nothing like two cats cuddling up, instead of the owner leaving for work depressed.

Betcha he wouldn't be sad any longer if he had a friend to keep him company and to play with.

Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

awww Ghost is sooo cute!   there is something very special about cats with orange coloring-

i had a cream-flame-point Himalayan - he was the same color as Ghost.

he was a real character. he would only eat Fancy Feast cat food. he would go for walks with us outdoors - he would keep up with us and "talk". he sat on my shoulder sometimes when i was cleaning the house

he knew what the camera was for and posed for pictures and he was the most affectionate cat i ever knew. when he passed away i was devastated.

i hope to have another Himalayan some day. i am not able to have pets now due to other's allergies.

@CatsyCline

You were blessed with your boy and I am very sorry for your loss.

The most wonderful Flame point boy owns me.  We are SO close and I love him dearly.  

thank you @Drythe.   cherish your little boy.   i have had seal point himis - they were rescues and were grown females when i got them. later on they had problems with their bladders as they got older.  they were fairly sedate girls and enjoyed their pillow time.

my little Smitty was just 2 months old when we got him and moved into our own home.

he was a real charmer right from the start. he came right over to us friendly as can be at the breeders. i wish i could post a pic but this was pre-digital. maybe i could scan it.

anyway, enjoy your sweet kitties !

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sfnativesfnative wrote:

@feline groovy

This little kittiekittie needs another feline in the house!  Two can be a blessing, especially when leaving the house for a while.  Nothing like two cats cuddling up, instead of the owner leaving for work depressed.

Betcha he wouldn't be sad any longer if he had a friend to keep him company and to play with.

I think so too, Becc!  

A cat or dog companion would do his psyche good.

And lessen his papa's guilt.

He'd still be devoted to his hoomin though, and that's a lovely thing. 

Especially coming from a feline, whose usual job is to keep our human egos from getting too big.

Most animals do have an extra special connection with just one person, even when they're the family pet.

I've had either one, two, or three kitties at a time.

My work situation was exactly why my first adulthood cat got a sister.

When his brother arrived, the comedy team became a trio, and life became even funnier.  8)

Honored Contributor

Oh dear ...  Ghost needs a buddy !!

My cat Bogey has a doggy brother and they hang out and keep each other company.    However, once a week,  Bogey has a play date with a neighbor's cat so they can visit and have kitty play.

Honored Contributor

The times I had more than one cat during my adulthood, I'd come home from work and see an expression on each face like "what are YOU doing here?". LOL

'When mama's away, the kitties will play"... and be extra naughty, hehe.

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

The times I had more than one cat during my adulthood, I'd come home from work and see an expression on each face like "what are YOU doing here?". LOL

'When mama's away, the kitties will play"... and be extra naughty, hehe.

OMG, you're right!    When I come home, the dog and cat are in their spots in the living room, and they pop their heads up and look at me like "omg, do you still live here?"     LOL