Honored Contributor

If it was still frozen ,that would be good,i think.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor
Freezing the ham will change the texture...have never seen them freeze the hams, just ship in insulated cold styrofoam.
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
Freezing the ham will change the texture...have never seen them freeze the hams, just ship in insulated cold styrofoam.

You may be correct.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Well, the ham arrived tonight. It was not frozen but the ice was frozen in the cooler.  I believe they are shipped frozen.  So I have it. I don't know how you would tell if ham is bad. I don't think it would smell like chicken or beef where you could tell right away.  I guess I'll decide when we open it up.  I better get a backup ham from the store just in case. 
and yes they are expensive but delicious !

and no. I did not get it through QVC.  I ordered directly from the Honey Baked Ham Store. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Honey Ham Help Please

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh Yes, honeybaked ships everything frozen.  You can either put it into the fridge to start defrosting or in the freezer for later.  I think if you pick one up at the honeybaked store, they are not frozen.  I'm not sure if those were previously frozen or not.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@bluetail fly wrote:

QVC may not want it back, but that's not the buyer's problem.  I wouldn't want it in my trash for several days.  I would absolutely refuse the package!

I never understand why some posters put more weight on what QVC says it wants than what is reasonable from the customer's perspective.

@bluetail fly.  Is it such an effort to dump the darn ham in the garbage can?  We're talking about a climate that's cold.  It won't hurt your pristine garbage can.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@meem120,  chances are the ham is only partially thawed since the ice packs were still solid.   If you have any doubts contact their customer service and explain the condition and see what they say.

This is from the Honey Baked Ham website:

When you receive the ham, it will be fully or partially frozen and you can continue thawing it in your refrigerator or freeze it for up to 45 days.

honeybaked.com/content/mail-order-hams

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

Re: Honey Ham Help Please

[ Edited ]

@meem120 wrote:

Well, the ham arrived tonight. It was not frozen but the ice was frozen in the cooler.  I believe they are shipped frozen.  So I have it. I don't know how you would tell if ham is bad. I don't think it would smell like chicken or beef where you could tell right away.  I guess I'll decide when we open it up.  I better get a backup ham from the store just in case. 
and yes they are expensive but delicious !

and no. I did not get it through QVC.  I ordered directly from the Honey Baked Ham Store. 

@meem120 Glad you received it.  If you are still concerned, you can always call honeybaked customer service.  I called them right before thanksgiving about an order I sent to my dad.  There was about a 30 minute wait, but they were very helpful once I got through.

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

@lovesrecess.  I've often frozen ham and never noticed any change in texture.  I think you have it confused with cheese.  Honey Baked Ham would not freeze the if it damaged the product.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I would also check the entire shipping history.

An item may have been expected to ship a certain day, and a tracking label placed on it, but it doesn't mean it started its transit yet. Often vendors and shippers are aware of delays and hold off pickup and delivery until they can do it in a timely fashion. That's probably why you got a later delivery date. It may have only shipped two days ago,