Respected Contributor

I ordered a honey ham to be delivered this past Wed the 17th,  Unfortunately, that was the 2 days of the snow storm in the NORTHEAST.  Long story short, Its not being delivered now until Monday 12/21.  It was suppose to be here yesterday, then today and now Monday.  UPS ground.  So this thing has been in transit for 6 days when it will finally be delivered. So my question is...should we not accept the deliver, should we throw it away or should we think about eating it????

What would you do?  My instinct says donot eat it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Honey Ham Help Please

[ Edited ]

I would contact Honeybaked and tell them the situation, they should give you a refund. It might be okay but you have no way of knowing if it has been exposed to any heated areas during transport like inside a terminal or something...don’t take a chance. Honeybaked hams are expensive ( and delicious!) so you should definitely expect a full refund. 

Honored Contributor

I don't know where you are, but it's been so cold the past week, the dry ice with your ham might still be good by the time you get it.

Super Contributor

It has been in transit for too long.  I would refuse delivery, but meanwhile contact QVC.

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised they ship something like that by Ground.   I would never expect something that perishable to go by Ground unless it's coming from a distance that would normally be one to two days max.

If it's in a very cold part of the country it might be ok, especially if it arrives with dry ice that is still frozen.  Short of that, it's probably been en route too long at this point.  

I agree about contacting them.  Maybe they can re-ship overnight.

I'm sorry this is happening.  Not too long ago I had the same type of scenario with a food item from QVC, except it was shipped by 2-day air but UPS - well, I don't even know what they did but it was hanging around, sometimes even in a delivery vehicle, for over a week.   When I got it, it was REALLY bad.  Of course, QVC (with the help of the peeps here) took care of it but I hated that, since it arrived on a  Tuesday, it had to sit in the garbage can out front of my house until the next Monday (it was chicken!).

Honored Contributor

Did you order from QVC or someplace else?  If it was QVC, don't refuse it.  They don't want it back.  Check it and if its not okay, call CS and they'll refund your money.  It's been cold so it may be allright. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
I had no idea QVC sells Honeybaked Ham. The only place I ever buy it is at the Honeybaked Ham store or kiosks they set up around holidays. Either way, contact the seller and ask for a refund. My brother ordered one and it did not have dry ice; it was in a Styrofoam cooler packed with ice. I would think dry ice would burn the ham.
Respected Contributor

@meem120 I received my shipment yesterday.  It was still frozen with several frozen icepacks in the styrofoam cooler.  If you are in the northeast, chances are it will be fine.  It may no longer be frozen solid.  The card that I received with mine said that they are good for 7-10 days after being thawed out.  

Highlighted
Super Contributor

QVC may not want it back, but that's not the buyer's problem.  I wouldn't want it in my trash for several days.  I would absolutely refuse the package!

I never understand why some posters put more weight on what QVC says it wants than what is reasonable from the customer's perspective.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@meem120 I received my shipment yesterday.  It was still frozen with several frozen icepacks in the styrofoam cooler.  If you are in the northeast, chances are it will be fine.  It may no longer be frozen solid.  The card that I received with mine said that they are good for 7-10 days after being thawed out.  

@Linmo - the ham was frozen????  That's a no go for me.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?