Honored Contributor

No, I'm not offended.  I have both kinds in my extended family and I know they mean well.  Some are huggers, some are not.  Some our kissers some are not.  Some use the terms dear or honey some do not.  I just go with it!

Respected Contributor

Re: Honey???Dear????

[ Edited ]

Actually, if I am “dear or honey” to a retail clerk or medical personnel I immediately lower my opinion of them and their intelligence.

Respected Contributor

Get offended by terms of endearment?? Ahh, no. No reason to be. I don't know why your education has anything to do with what you are called.

Respected Contributor

I admit I don't care for it, but I'm not offended. I just assume that's the way they talk in certain areas.

Where I grew up, no one talked like that, so I guess it took a while to get used to. "Hon" and "Dear" were reserved for good friends, family, or significant others. It was odd to have a complete stranger address me that way. It made me feel cheap. lol

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Trusted Contributor

I think I have been addressed that way at times but no, it doesn’t bother me. Don’t understand why it would since it has nothing to do with me. I imagine this is how this person addresses people so I just happen to be the next person.

There is very little that offends me or that I would take personally. My ego has gotten healthy and stron in my old age so most stuff out there bounces off me if I even notice.

I'm sorry it bothers you but we are all wired differently

Honored Contributor

@conlt   How is your mother doing?  

I apologize for side tracking the thread.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

no

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like it but I have bigger fish to fry these days. I read an article awhile ago that said if your Dr. calls you by your first name you should call him or her by their first name,too. Interesting.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

@traveler wrote:

Actually, if I am “dear or honey” to a retail clerk or medical personnel I immediately lower my opinion of them and their intelligence.

Wow

Respected Contributor

Honey or dear beats some other terms that could be used!  I am not irritated by the terms of endearment!   Yes, pun intended.