Contributor

Does anyone have any tried and true suggestions of Harry's scents that don't have any cinnamon aroma? I prefer the sweet and savory scents and realize most of the fabulous fall and pumpkin have some cinnamon spice, but my nose/sinuses just won't tolerate it. I can eat and driink it, but no sniffing. Thanks for your ideas!

Respected Contributor

Re: Homeworx Scent Suggestions

@Nickname new ....Try item #:  H-228068....Harry Slatkin's Limited Edition Sugar Plum Black Berry Candles.  Set of 2, 18 oz. candles with 4 wicks on sale for $44.98 AND FREE SHIPPING.

I have tried these before and love them.  When I saw the sale price plus free shipping, I ordered 2 more sets of 2 candles.  I don't know how long they will have free shipping, so if you are interested, you better hurry.  The vessels they come in are GORGEOUS too....so, after you burn your candles, just clean them out and use the jars for other things.  

HomeWorx by Harry Slatkin Limited Edition Sugarplum Black Berry Candles - H228068

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nickname new  I just ordered Eucalyptus Oak, Balsam White Birch and Beach Grass from his website.  No cinnamon in the descriptions!

Respected Contributor

As an alternative, I know you were asking for Homeworx

You can try Aromatique too.  They are made in the USA, Arkansas I believe by Veteran workers.   The story is on their site.

Found them in an upscale grocery store and bought quite a few scents like grapefruit and orange.  I love their pump spray especially for the bathroom.

I like buying Made in the USA products.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

He had a  orange or white ceramic embossed pumpkin shaped candle  that had the scents of ; Amaretto Pumpkin scent, a blend of amaretto creme, spiced pumpkin, cardamom, and tonka bean. I bought  the chartreuse color pumpkin that smelled different that the white or orange one but it has sold out .  He also has a Blooming Citronella scent (blend of lavender blossom, neroli, mountain laurel, and orange citrus which I bought  to give as gifts . I ended up keeping one for myself .  There was another one last yr that was a peppermint martini . There is  a sleigh shaped candle for Christmas that was : Let it Snow scent, a blend of gala apple, frosted pear, caramelized sugar, and evergreen. I bought one of the sleigh candles last yr.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have used Aromatique for years. Love their scent of spring and smell of Christmas potpourri. I love Home Worx scents but have never figured out how to get all the wicks to burn ar the same time, so quit buying them. Last year the Over the River candle was my fave of all the holiday scents.

Respected Contributor

@Duckncover wrote:

I have used Aromatique for years. Love their scent of spring and smell of Christmas potpourri. I love Home Worx scents but have never figured out how to get all the wicks to burn ar the same time, so quit buying them. Last year the Over the River candle was my fave of all the holiday scents.

@Duckncover ...how to get all the wicks to burn at the same time?  I always buy Harry's 4 wick candles....they are better than the 3 wick.  The 4 wicks always burn evenly, IMO.

Contributor

Thanks for all the great ideas! I appreciate the help--so many of Homeworx scents' descriptions say "spice", and then it turns out to be cinnamon, and I'm giving them away.  

I've just ordered some of your suggestions this evening with free shipping and checked out the Aromatique site (it looks promising too)--especially the orange and grapefruit. I also agree that some of his Christmas/winter scents are delicious!