Esteemed Contributor

Re: Homeless Cat Shunned Because Of Loud Purr Goes To New Home Today

On 4/3/2015 possummink said:

G +

Bette, Thanks for sharing that video. Loved Bluey's purr. Wish I could have adopted her. Happy Easter!!! Have a wonderful weekend.

I love the markings on this cat! Happy Easter to you as well{#emotions_dlg.wub}

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

He is adorable... I hope he gets a wonderful ""forever"" home.

Valued Contributor

On 4/4/2015 Matty6 said:

He is adorable... I hope he gets a wonderful ""forever"" home.

FUREVER!

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Super Contributor

Glad somebody adopted her.

Super Contributor

I was like shoekitty - afraid to open thread because it might make me sad. But I should know better as it was from you betteb! I think this cat is adorable and love, love, love its high decibel purr. ya just wanna hugh her!Kiss

Super Contributor

O/T Have you seen this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jrq03XENSdY

Valued Contributor

Crisso, that video is HILARIOUS! My 3 cats take turns while my dog watches over until they succeed,then she goes wild... LOL!
Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Super Contributor

On 4/4/2015 Alley Catvocate said: Crisso, that video is HILARIOUS! My 3 cats take turns while my dog watches over until they succeed,then she goes wild... LOL!

lol. I guess we posted at the same time! This cat 'technique' (minus the club - so far!) ALWAYS works. They make me laugh so hard because when I finally do get up they pretend they were asleep all along! Sneaky, sneaky!{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Super Contributor

On 4/3/2015 shoekitty said:

Bette

Thank you for sharing! Omg, I was afraid to open thread, as I thought maybe it was sad. What a good story. Man that cat does have a loud purr ! He must have old, horse vocal cords, LOL!

My cat Sushi snores so loud, he wakes me up at times. Ear plugs are my friend. He gets allergies, and he was a stray who was a scrapper. His body is scared from many fights, I imagine his nose has been broken a few times. Vet said he is okay though.

I have a cat that snores too! He likes for me to hold him like a baby while he sleeps (I cradle him in my arm and he is on his back, paws in the air). I want to capture the cute snoring on video, but he is such a light sleeper that any movement in the area causes him to awaken.

Bluey's purrs are adorable...it almost sounds like a cross between purring and chirping. Now that I now a typical cat purrs at 25 db, I am going to try to measure one of my cats. She sounds like a Diesel engine. LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

Currently owning a very sweet, adorable cat that does NOT purr would make me appreciate this one all the more! My Missie, from the time I found her as a tiny sick kitten, has never purred like most cats do. For a long time, not at all, no matter how happy she seemed to be. Once in a while now, in the morning if I sit on the side of the bed when I get up, she will come and get up next to me and rub on me, and I can just barely hear a purr! She may do it several times, but then stops. I've always told her I thought her "purr box" got broken when she was so tiny and so sick, but apparently it's trying to come back to life.

I never knew that there were cats that didn't purr until I found her... and my kidney disease baby used to purr all the time - she would get under the covers with me and purr us both to sleep! Now she seldom purrs, and I don't know why. Maybe because she's old (17) and has to do things she doesn't like (go to vet 3X a week, take medicine, etc.). She seems to feel okay and eats well, but she's apparently getting a little bit of dementia. And she's so loving, it almost makes me cry sometimes. But she stopped purring. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Has anyone every had a cat that either doesn't purr, or one that stops purring when she gets old? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}