Honored Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

Wow, seven figures................

I would be start struck the first few meetings. Maybe after that, I would be able to comprehend he was like anyone else.

When I met Rod Gilbert, I honestly thought my knees would buckle and my legs would give out..............that's how nervous I was.

My Jon is a different story.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

"Nevertheless, she persisted." "Well behaved women seldom make history."
Respected Contributor

Update on the friend's pup: The radiologist thinks he will be able to pass it on his own with some help...ouch. Pup has to stay there, if he hasn't "performed" by 3:30 our time then he gets x-rayed again. The guy thinks it's a sock..... This dog, S, is a gorgeous parti with the white Buddha mark on his forehead. Good thing because he's needed divine intervention so many times! Like his momma says, S knows when she's saved $$ up for something and he goes about spending it at the vet. Thank you for continuing to think of him.

Moons, glad you have no severe after effects from your tumble. Bubble wrap the floor or you? I can send out a hunky guy to help pad the floor for you....

Super Contributor

Kdgn, good news about the sock eating pup! I'll accept your offer of the hunk. I don't know about bubble wrapping the floor but I'm sure I could find some things for him to do ....

Donna, I can picture you meeting Monsieur Gilbert. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I've met a few famous people but as for having a relationship -- even a working one -- don't know how long it would take me to get used to that!

Hopefully the Blue Jackets will not play well. Me thinks they hardly ever do.

Super Contributor

Me - I will have had Zoe 1 year on Feb. 2nd. Last night for the first time she independently selected a toy from her toy box, and chewed on it. She also thrills me now with her wiggle butt dance when I come home to her. It's been slow, but worth it. She asked me to make popcorn for Downton Abbey tonight. But, It is cupcake day too. LOL.

kdgn - I remember my DBIL pulling a tube sock out of his Malamute - orally. That dog was something else. One day he pulled his dog house down the hilly street right to the dog pound. Since that is where he usually landed when he would run off, he thought he was a good boy to go there. DBIL bailed him out many times. Keep us updated on your pup!

Moons - I would probably just sit in a daze staring at R. R. - there is something so smoldering about him.

Pitty - that is domino decorating. It has happened to me every place I have lived. DH never seemed to catch on to how a trip looking for a chair would domino into so many other things, and rooms. LOL. He would have preferred to wait in the SUV anyway.

I watched the movie Frances last evening with Jessica Lange - true story about a film star in the 30's. She was mentally ill, or was she? Or was her mother mentally ill? She died at 56. Sam Shepherd was in it - that was when they met. Sad that they recently spit after 30 years, and 2 kids. Her first child was with that male ballerina Mikail Barishnikov. She is from Mn., btw. Very close to my hometown. We are the same age and I have often wondered if we were ever at the same football games, etc. I really enjoy her.

Regular Contributor

Wow, Housemates....Between the weather and the after-holiday hoopla, my body kind of went into a schlump this afternoon....I feel like I could go into hibernation for about a month....I didn't even feel like eating that much....I curled up with some catalogs and magazines that I hadn't gone through....put on some relaxing music...and just turned the world off for a while....It's just that time of year!

donna....Does Jersey get all excited when you Skype with P and she can see him on the computer screen?....I bet you and E are enjoying a relaxing day together after all of the excitement these past few weeks and have gone into a schlump also....Is there such a word?....LOL

Moons....Thank you so much for posting the recipe....I was curious because I love fruit crisps....my favorite is apple/cranberry crisp....and I also make a peach one when they are in season....The blueberry/raspberry combo sounds great also....and I add oats and cinnamon to my crumble mixture....and I also cut down on the sugar.....That is a fascinating story about your cousin being friends with Robert Redford and how they meet in NY every now and then....Maybe you could post their next meeting and where, so that I could try to be there also and just get a little peek....LOL

kdgn....Oh, that poor little Pup....I sure hope that he is able to pass the sock on his own....must be so uncomfortable...I'll check back for an update later on.....Also, will be thinking of your Pup this week, as he gets ready for his surgery and will check in for updates...It is so hard having to leave our precious pets at the Vets for any procedure, so I definitely understand your not wanting your Pup at the Vets any longer than necessary.

pitty....I will be happy to help you with your decorating whenever you are ready...I love fussing around our home....When I look back at our first home and some of my decorating choices, I wonder what the heck I was thinking....so I've gradually learned through the years from the errors of my ways....LOL

Puppy....Hope you are having a good day....Is Pumpkin entertaining you?

Okay, housemates, I'm headed back into my schlump....think I'll sip on a nice glass of wine also.

Smile Slainte'

eta:...Puppy, I just saw your post and am so thrilled to hear about Zoe picking out her little toy on her own...and also doing her little wiggle butt dance for you....too precious....I am just so happy to read this that I feel like doing my own little wiggle butt dance now....not as cute as Zoe's though, of course.....LOL....Enjoy and give that precious dog a big ((((((((Hug)))))))) for me!

Valued Contributor

Moons, that's fascinating about your cousin and R.R. He always seemed to be a down-to-earth kind of guy.

Pup, you probably mentioned this but does Zoe wear the little booties? I'm sure she wouldn't like them but the frigid temps sound terrible and frostbite occurs so quickly.

I saw that movie many years ago. I remember it being very sad.

Spent the day with DH....he is sleeping more during the day. I hope it's just because his weekends are unstructured. He will have busy week with 2 doctor's appts. The medivan will take us.

Countdown to "Downton Abbey"....*tick, tick, tick*. I'll bring some chips and dip (trying to entice Dmod to join us...lol)

Respected Contributor

Moons, so glad to hear from you and know that you are okay. I bet lil Dman is having too much fun with all of his toys!Too cool about your cousin and RR.

Puppy, so it is popcorn and cupcakes tonight? Whoohoo!

Donna, thank you for making the call. lol. I don't have to go in to work tomorrow. Pshew!

Me, I think it sounds like you needed some chill time and taking time to look through magazines and catalogs can be relaxing and fun.

kdgn, I am so glad to hear that the pup may be able to pass the sock on his own. I will keep fingers crossed. And good luck tomorrow at the vet's. I know you will be glad when the labs are back. Then it is on to Wed. for the surgery. We will hold your hand.

We are hunkered down for now. It has been raining most of the afternoon. The wind just now started to kick up. Temp got up to 50 today, but it has been dropping the last couple of hours. So, we are on the way down the roller coaster hill from here on into tomorrow morning. Mom is here, everyone has been fed, dishes are done, and I am ready to settle down for a long winter's nap. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Donna, the day of the funeral DH and I stopped for a late lunch and I had French Onion Soup and half of a BLT sandwich. It hit the spot!

Pumpkin has the TV downstairs watching some Sonic show and DH is watching the Green Bay game. I was hoping to get to watch Downton Abbey tonight, but it may not be in the cards. LOL

Stay safe & warm everyone!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Super Contributor

Ocean - so we have chips and dip, popcorn, and cupcakes? We are all set!! Chips should lure donna in, and cupcakes will lure Pitty. We need brownies to get Moon's attention, though. No, Zoe does not have booties. She is out there less than a minute. I have never had a dog tolerate them at all. I finally let Cissy chew up her hot pink booties. Crazy Casey would fling hers across the entire yard. I hope DH is just feeling bored, too.

Me - Zoe loved the hug. She loves all her aunties here.

Oh - Ocean - don't forget a potty call in time for the show - no commercials for 2 hours!!

Honored Contributor

Hi all,

Dinner was delish!! Pitty, I was a piggy.....I had a full sammie.

kdgn, hoping the pup continues to do ok with the passing of the sock. Continued good thoughts for both the pup and your pup. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

ocean, you are a doll. Thanks for thinking of me and the chips.

Puppy, I know nothing about the movie you posted about. But, I will check it out. I like that description...domino decorating.

Me, hearing P's voice calling for her sends her running through the house. But, when he just talks, she is not interested at all. The picture on the screen does not translate for her. We point the camera at her so P can see her. Yep, there is such a word as schlump as well as schlub. What kind of work do you do?

"Nevertheless, she persisted." "Well behaved women seldom make history."
Respected Contributor

I must be the first one up this morning- We're at 20 which must seem like a warming trend for those of you in the deep freeze. A friend from MN posted on FB last night that it was -15 with a windchill of -32 at 7 pm. I realized during last outs that our thermometer only goes to -10, a temperature I've never seen or if I did, it was as a kid in NH.

Getting ready for the vet trip for blood tests is next on the agenda. I hope you are at least staying warm in the house and that the pups doing their business outside in record time. Be careful!