Super Contributor

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

Good morning Houseketeers!

I am so sorry I caused you any worries. {#emotions_dlg.crying} You are all so thoughtful and caring.

Get this -- I just woke up! I didn't just sleep like it was my job, but my profession!

I haven't read back yet. Now I'm behind having slept so late.

Will be back later. Scout's honor!

Respected Contributor

Back to the chilly weather for us: 24 this morning.

Ladies, if you are so inclined. In my emails this morning I found one from a friend in my dog group. She's B's breeder, has his mom and brother; they are fine but her other one has spent the night in the ER vet with an obstruction in the colon. It looks like cloth, the radiologist will read the x-rays this morning to determine if surgery is needed. This will not be the first time with this little guy.....he loves getting into things and eating them. He's like Merlin in many ways....nothing is safe.

Regular Contributor

Smile Looks like donna and E are "sleeping" in today...now that they have the house to themselves..{#emotions_dlg.devil2}{#emotions_dlg.wub}....Sure hope they remembered to let Jersey out and feed her. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

kdgn....Do you live in the middle of the "highlight" area? {#emotions_dlg.w00t}...LOL...I would have waved if I had known!

ocean....That is too cute about Merlin and Shadow....eventually maybe one will figure out how to hold the door to the toaster oven open while the other one crawls in...LOL...Are you able to visit DH today?....Sending "hunk" on his way to help you out...He will lift you up in his strong, muscular arms and carry you off....try not to get too distracted, though!...LOL

Puppy....I'm curious as to how long you have had Zoe?

pitty...My girlfriend and I are now wishing that we had bought those snowshoes....This snow is perfect for snowshoeing....They will be on sale now, so I think we will definitely check them out again.

Moons...Good to see you posting this morning....Be sure and come back and post your recipe for the "mixed berry crumble".

It's a cloudy day here today....expecting rain...a cozy kind of day....perfect for cooking up a roast and vegetables....and sipping on some wine....Have to catch up on a couple of phone calls to relatives and then I think I'll curl up to a good romantic movie, if I can find one....Any suggestions?

Super Contributor

I'm baaaack!

Me, per your request:

Ingredients

2 cup(s) fresh blueberries

2 cup(s) raspberries

3/4 cup(s) all purpose flour

2/3 cup(s) unpacked light brown sugar

6 Tbsp regular butter

• Preheat oven to 350°F.

• Place berries in a medium bowl. In another medium bowl, combine flour and sugar. Remove 3 tablespoons of flour mixture and gently toss with berries. Place berries in an 8-inch square pan.

• To make topping, add melted butter to remaining flour mixture; combine well. Crumble little bits of topping all over top of berries. Bake until berries just start to bubble, about 35 to 40 minutes. Cut into 8 pieces; serve warm or at room temperature. Yields 1 piece per serving.

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

Cloudy as the temps rise throughout the day and evening. Tuesday will be the coldest yet.

ocean, hunks will carry you from the house to visit your hubby. LOL I found one that looks like George for you. You're welcome. lol lol

pitty, LOL I do love the expression, "Bless your heart" very much. It does not sound sincere when I say it with my non-accent. lol lol I think many of us can relate to the decorating woes. Sometimes, it is easier to do nothing. lol I know it's cheaper! LOL LOL

kdgn, sending prayers for your friend's pup. Please keep us updated. Good luck tomorrow with your guy. You know... we are with you when you go to the vet. We are holding your hand, waiting for the results.

Me, lol lol {#emotions_dlg.blush} how did you guess?Kiss Jersey goes to the back door every once in a while. I think she is waiting for P to return. She did go crazy when E walked in last night. Getting the snow shoes now is a great idea. They are on sale and you still have a LONG winter to enjoy them. I'm not a big movie watcher. I hope someone else here can help you. A favorite of mine is Barefoot in the Park. It is so dated, but still cracks me up. Redford is easy on the eyes too.

I don't make resolutions. I do try to be a better person...........stay out of trouble........live a healthier life (the hardest for me).

I'm making French onion soup and blt sammies for dinner. I was going to make it the other night and made something else. Who wants to have dinner with me? I'll set a place.

For those who watch Downton Abbey, enjoy the new season tonight.

I'm looking forward to Wednesday's new show, Chicago PD. I LOVED NYPD Blue, so I am looking forward to this new show.

"Nevertheless, she persisted." "Well behaved women seldom make history." Be the kind of woman who, when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, "Oh, no! She's up.”
Super Contributor

Sorry I don't know how to do that 'fancy' kind of cutting and pasting.

I've only used frozen fruit and it turns out just fine. It's a Weight Watchers recipe and each piece is 5 points if you're interested.

Ocean, if it's too icy just stay home. That's an order.

I think we're up to 32 degrees.

Kdgn, I don't begrudge you your extra degrees. Enjoy them! Sending good thoughts for your fella's trip to the vet tomorrow.

Pupcake, don't waste your time kicking me in the behind. You probably would hurt yourself. In the meantime, just stay warm and cozy.

Pitty, I hear you about the sofa. And you are too sweet saving the Hot Wheels track. I FaceTimed with DD and Dman today and he showed me many of his toys. Toys 'R' Us doesn't have as many toys as he does, I'm sure.

Donna, I missed the last two goals last night because (of course) I dozed off, but they played well. Lundy better watch out or he's going to lose his job. Are you and Mr. Donna cavorting today?

Me, I expect you'll be wearing snow shoes whilst you make your Mixed Berry Crumble.

As for my fall: temple is a little sore where I hit it but not bruised. Aide said I had bruises on my back (which don't hurt) and I have what looks like a rug burn on my left foot.

Pupcake, I also have osteo and am on a concrete slab but luckily tumbled on carpeting. Hoping not to do that again and don't you either!

Kids are outside enjoying the ice. Plastic saucers are sliding very well.

Super Contributor

Donna!

You slipped in under me. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Re: Robert Redford.

Did I ever tell you my cousin worked for Sundance and she and he are buds? Her mother and I think it's because she looks so much like his kids. Anyway, when he's in NY they usually meet up for dinner or something. No, I have never been invited to join them and neither has her mom.

Honored Contributor

Moons, thanks for the recipe. Smiley Happy

We did not have rain today. It is grey and cloudy, but no rain at all.

The Rangers looked unbeatable last night. Let's see what team shows up for tomorrow night's game.

"Nevertheless, she persisted." "Well behaved women seldom make history." Be the kind of woman who, when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, "Oh, no! She's up.”
Honored Contributor

On 1/5/2014 Moons in Leo said:

Donna!

You slipped in under me. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Re: Robert Redford.

Did I ever tell you my cousin worked for Sundance and she and he are buds? Her mother and I think it's because she looks so much like his kids. Anyway, when he's in NY they usually meet up for dinner or something. No, I have never been invited to join them and neither has her mom.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I never heard that story before. What does she do for Sundance?

I bet he is interesting to chat with about his passion for the environment.

I would love to go to dinner with your cousin and RR. You can be my date. LOL Smiley Happy

ETA: should have read your post without distractions.....she worked.......

Super Contributor

I'm not sure what she did for Sundance but she now has her own business. He had a special project he wanted her to work on which she almost accepted but the $ wasn't there. Bear in mind she made a LOT of $ when she worked for his company. We're talking seven figures. I think he likes it that she treats him just like any other person on the planet. When they meet for dinner she picks the restaurant, and it's always one where he's treated the same way.

The one time he picked the place (in his hotel) he was swarmed by tourists when she went to the ladies' room. He was grateful when she returned and rescued him. He then vowed to always let her select the restaurant.

Of course you would be my date!